Stenson
Dubuisson
Garcia
Rose
Kaymer
Bjorn
Donaldson
McDowell

So who will he opt for? He will go for Stephen Gallacher. Then it is any two from Donald, Poulter, Jiminez, Molinari, Luiten, Westwood and perhaps the rank outsider Marc Warren. Personally I would go for Poulter and Westwood. Whoever he picks (on paper) will be too strong for the Americans. What do you reckon?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not convinced Gallagher is a certainty, I would say a probable. Personally, I wouldn't pick him. My guess is it will be 3 from Donald, Westwood, Poulter and Jiminez.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Poulter, Gallacher & Donald

In my heart I'd rather see Donald dropped in favour of Jiminez but doubt it'll happen and ultimately Donald is the better option

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Poulter is nailed on imo.

I'm not convinced Gallagher is a certainty, I would say a probable. Personally, I wouldn't pick him. My guess is it will be 3 from Donald, Westwood, Poulter and Jiminez.

This would be my choice ,

on a flip side i wouldnt be thanking them for making me use Captains picks .. these 3 should be qualifying easily and if not somebody should be asking why they didnt ..

Form or Experience ... i think PMG will seal the deal on Experience

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why Gallacher?

Because he is a Scot?

No way would I pick him.There are many better equipped golfers than him.

Yes, because of what having a Scot in the team will do for the crowd, and he's not exactly a liability. But if the Ryder Cup were being played elsewhere, he wouldn't get the nod.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
not Donald OR Jiminez please, neither are playing well enough.

Same goes for Westwood and Poulter.

Shane Lowry is worth considering, as is Larrazabal and Blixt.........trouble with that though is they are not intimidating names.

Personally I would include Monty:thup:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, because of what having a Scot in the team will do for the crowd, and he's not exactly a liability. But if the Ryder Cup were being played elsewhere, he wouldn't get the nod.

Id be surprised if anyone got the nod for that reason , i do agree he wouldn't be a liability but i cant see it happening ..

But i aint the one picking it ;)

sportsbob

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Exactly why I would pick him and also the fact that he is next on the list in the rankings.

Watch out for a late surge from someone though - Molinari perhaps, especially with the last event being the Italian open

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why Gallacher?

Because he is a Scot?

No way would I pick him.There are many better equipped golfers than him.

Are you having a laugh?

At present he is 13th in the European and 11th in the Worlds points lists. To me thats a man who is thumping on the captains door looking for and deserving of a pick on merit, nothing to do with being Scottish.

Poulter is a stick on for another one.

Last pick, at the moment I would personally go for Molinari or Jiminez. Westwood and Donald just arent playing well enough and are only in the picture due to past glories, they have done next to nothing all year.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Are you having a laugh?

At present he is 13th in the European and 11th in the Worlds points lists. To me thats a man who is thumping on the captains door looking for and deserving of a pick on merit, nothing to do with being Scottish.

Poulter is a stick on for another one.

Last pick, at the moment I would personally go for Molinari or Jiminez. Westwood and Donald just arent playing well enough and are only in the picture due to past glories, they have done next to nothing all year.

His arse won't hold out in a Ryder Cup and playing him for the crowd means nothing.The crowd will be pumped no matter who is playing and if he was picked I doubt if he play anything more than once on Friday and Sunday.

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
His arse won't hold out in a Ryder Cup and playing him for the crowd means nothing.The crowd will be pumped no matter who is playing and if he was picked I doubt if he play anything more than once on Friday and Sunday.

Thats your opinion, personally I dont believe he would be such a liability to the team.

Would you at least submit to the fact that his name is being banded around, not because of him being Scottish, but because of where he sits on the current points lists due to the quality of his play this year?