Ryder Cup 2016 - Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Exactly.. Silence please, no fun on or off the course.. oh and tuck your shirt in... bloody place is a disgrace, they let anyone in now you know.. wasn't like this in my day of course, he should be taken out and shot!

This is crap, it should not be one extreme to the other, my Dad always said a jokes a joke but to hell with the pantomime and he was right.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One of the problems was that Europe had one too many Scandanavians in the team. Stenson being Swedish was OK, not so much Westwood who's finnished.

U

User62651

Just mentioned on Sky our rules have changed to were you are only allowed one go as Captain now.

Whatever RC committee thought that one up needs a good slap! :rolleyes:
Objective is to win not give every man and his dog a chance at being captain especially if the Yanks can pick the same captain again

D

Deleted member 18588

It is Mickie, and just like Links vs parkland golf, they can be a world away from each other.

Individual vs team golf can also be a world apart.

Would anyone pick Poulter based on his individual record - No - but him in the Ryder cup and he's a revelation.

As with so much in sport and life there is no perfect solution.

However, I don't think it was a question of who may or may not perform in a team situation. After all most of the rookies had played well in events such as the EurAsia Cup (I think that is what it is called).

No, our problem, apart from the Americans playing so well, was that too many of our team, veterans and rookies, were not in the best of form when the gun went. This problem is, I fear, always likely, but not guaranteed, to arise with the current selection process.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
With all the money DJ earns you would think she could afford a dress with sufficient material to cover her backside. I seem to remember she wore an equally insufficent dress when DJ won his major. Am I really complaining about that :rolleyes:?

You must be really really old 😜

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't see the need to change the current qualification - there will always be Captains picks - they have varied from either 2 or three dependant on who the captain is , my preference is just the two but it doesn't allow for captain to bring in either players on form or players with experience when the team is too heavy with with rookies. It's a process that has helped Europe win the last 8 out of the 11 RC - don't see the need to reinvent the wheel based on one defeat. There will always be players off form - it's the nature of the game , it's then end up to the Captains to manage the 12 players to get the best out of them - on this occasion Clarke just didn't get things right , it will happen

As for the celebrating and reaction from the players - I don't have a single problem with the way the players acted , they celebrated , fist pumps etc was all great but they also showed respect towards their opponents and both players acknowledged great golf from each other - the atmosphere between the players was brilliant.

The small section of the crowd on the other hand - well everyone knows the problems there and thankfully the US players and VC dealt with them as well the Europeans - as soon as something over the line happened they were thrown out.

U

User62651

Innuendo aside this is a nice photo, Tiger looks genuinely relaxed and happy - off guard, rare and really good to see.

Also thought this is a great photo - I know it's the opposition but so many big stars pulling together and really happy to have won, clearly means something to them despite their reps and wealth etc.
5472.jpg

Only question mark might be golf trying to lose its white middle class image, not much in the way of racial diversity in that team!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Innuendo aside this is a nice photo, Tiger looks genuinely relaxed and happy - off guard, rare and really good to see.

Also thought this is a great photo - I know it's the opposition but so many big stars pulling together and really happy to have won, clearly means something to them despite their reps and wealth etc.
View attachment 20974

Do you think Davis Love insisted that his cap was a different colour to the players. Pecking order etc.

Joking aside, this US team deserve the plaudits. No arguments.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
P-S, Sounds fair.

Garyinderry - They were vocal I believe. I heard one abusive comment but then heard an Amercian voice shouting that the person be ejected. Fair play to that bloke. I think Sky can play with the sound so that it gets blocked out so we did not pick most of it up.

U

User62651

Do you think Davis Love insisted that his cap was a different colour to the players. Pecking order etc.

Joking aside, this US team deserve the plaudits. No arguments.
Was looking for product placement opportunities, Reed has got his white watch in there otherwise just a few pairs of sunnies!

I did notice Captains hat too!

Last edited by a moderator: