Ryder Cup 2016 - Pick your team

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I know this is a somewhat strange thing to say about someone with vast experience, 2 major championships and Players, but is Martin Kaymer 100% nailed on?

Looks horribly out of form and is sliding down the rankings this year. He has a pretty average RC and Matchplay record so I can't necessarily see him being a pick.

I'd personally like to see him qualify as there is likely to be a number of rookies on the team this year and his experience would help.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair point re: Kaymer. Didn't realise how far he'd slipped. Interestingly, the current RC squad if picked today would be:

Willett
McIlroy
Fitzpatrick
Sullivan
Stenson
Rose
Cabrera-Bello
Garcia
Pieters

Clarke then picks the other 3.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I love Poulter, especially in the Ryder Cup. Would love him to be there this year and he has said he is going to qualify without needing a captain's pick but I can't help but feel he must be out of that. Would you pick him if you were Darren?

Form's not been great, there were moments in the first round at Augusta though. The thing is he can really deliver great points, great morale and could turn the momentum for us against the strongest US team we will have come across in years.

D

Deleted member 1418

Despite their respective performances in the Masters, I cannot see Poulter or Westwood actually making the team in a playing capacity. Both would need seriously strong performances between now and the end of the Open to be considered. However if they don't make the team I cannot think of two better Vice Captains alongside Jimenez.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Westwood will qualify for the RC ,he wont need a pick .Poults on the other hand will need a very charitable Clarke to give him a pick ,i think his race is run .i would love to be wrong but he juast hasnt inspired me in his play for a couple of years now, yes he had a decent result last week ,but that was in the 2nd division and not against the worlds elite.