Ryder Cup 2016 - Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

So now the teams are sorted , the states task force have picked their final pick

The re runs off old RC are flowing on Sky , players on the flight over and it's time to get down to business

So what do we think the opening foursome partnerships and Fourballs will be form Europe ?

For me

Foursomes

McIlroy/Willett
Rose/Fitzpatrick
Pieters/Stenson
Kaymer/Garcia

Fourballs

Westwood/Wood
Garcia/Rafa
McIlroy/Sullivan
Rose/Stenson

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not a clue but I reckon we will find out sometime on Thursday ;)

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Foursomes

McIlroy/Willett
Rose/Fitzpatrick
Pieters/Stenson
Kaymer/Garcia

Fourballs

Westwood/Wood
Garcia/Rafa
McIlroy/Sullivan
Rose/Stenson

Can't argue with that, get everyone settled in playing on day one and see who is firing and who not.

Not going to express this very well, but there is a chance of the USA becoming super-motivated by 'playing for Arnie' just as Europe was for Seve some years back. Devising some way of Europe sharing in the Arnie-love would mitigate that as motivation for them.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally, i can see Pieters getting "blooded" in the fourballs and not foursomes. He's so suited to that format. I also can't see Rose/Stenson getting split for all four matches. FWIW my prediction for the Friday is:

Foursomes

Rose/Stenson
Mcilroy/Sullivan
Westwood/Kaymer
Garcia/Willett

Fourballs

Stenson/Rose
Garcia/Cabrera Bello
Pieters/Wood
Mcilroy/Fitzpatrick

I'm pretty sure/hopeful that everyone will get a knock on day one.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No idea, but I think it will be interesting to see if DC puts out fearsome partnerships - McIlroy/Willet and Rose/Stenson - to make an immediate impact/get points on the board or whether he pairs a seasoned RC pro with a first timer - McIlroy/Fitzpatrick. Or indeed whether he puts two first timers out together so they can perhaps learn together/experience together/grow together type of thing.

For me, my gut feeling is that Team USA are going to come out charging. They'll want to make a statement of intent, put maximum points on the board as soon as possible and build that lead.

Will be an interesting few days and it looks - on paper - that the teams are very nearly equal - Major winners, tour winners, RC experience and first timers.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Pieters has to go out in the fourballs for me. Put him beside a steady player and let him play his natural game. The foursomes, for me, are for more seasoned players.

D

Deleted member 1147

Has Clarke put certain players together for practice rounds over recent months (like McGinley did with Westwood/Donaldson, GMac/Dubisson). If so, that could point to some potential pairings.

I'd bet someone else's life savings that Kaymer & Pieters play together at some point.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it will be close, one or two games will swing it. But which way - not sure. Having looked at the course, there are plenty of risk/reward holes and Hazeltine have pledged to go with the "If a hole is going to be won, let it be won with birdies or pars" so whatever happens, it should be exciting.

D

Deleted member 16999

Loads of great golf and a rollercoaster ride that sees us winning on Sunday :whoo:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Will we actually get to see any of the golf for all them blumming adverts?
And no noubt we'll see lots of Tiger. 😂

Pin-seeker

Visit site
£5 FREE BET EVERY TIME YOUR PLAYER WINS A MATCH
When you place a £10 single or £5 each-way on them to be top overall points scorer before they tee off.

With Sky Bet.

Think I might go with Stenson.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
£5 FREE BET EVERY TIME YOUR PLAYER WINS A MATCH
When you place a £10 single or £5 each-way on them to be top overall points scorer before they tee off.

With Sky Bet.

Think I might go with Stenson.

There can't be a top overall points scorer before they tee off, they all have nil point before they tee off!