A bit early to talk about the Ryder Cup but....

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Having Spieth doing well I can't help but think about how this might match up 16 months from now and how a rejuvenated US may give us a good game.

Looking at the World rankings (I know it isn't based on this though)

Europe
McIlroy
Stenson
Rose
Garcia
Kaymer
Dubuisson
Westwood
Poulter
Donaldson
McDowell
Casey
Gallacher

USA
Spieth
Bubba
Furyk
Johnson
Walker
Holmes
Fowler
Kucher
Reid
Mickelson
Horschel
Koepka

I know these won't be the teams that step up on the tee but for me that is an exciting US team to give us a challenge at Hazeltine. Speith, Bubba, Johnson, Fowler, Reid will be strong with some good back up from the others.

Europe with a lot of the quality and experience that has been ever present with the weakest members in the wild card slots.

It's far too early for this but I am excited by the prospect of a young US team coming at us and us batting them away!

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Having Spieth doing well I can't help but think about how this might match up 16 months from now and how a rejuvenated US may give us a good game.

Europe
McIlroy
Stenson
Rose
Garcia
Kaymer
Dubuisson
Westwood
Poulter
Donaldson
McDowell
Casey
Gallacher

USA
Spieth
Bubba
Furyk
Johnson
Walker
Holmes
Fowler
Kucher
Reid
Mickelson
Horschel
Koepka

I know these won't be the teams that step up on the tee but for me that is an exciting US team to give us a challenge at Hazeltine. Speith, Bubba, Johnson, Fowler, Reid will be strong with some good back up from the others.

Europe with a lot of the quality and experience that has been ever present with the weakest members in the wild card slots.

It's far too early for this but I am excited by the prospect of a young US team coming at us and us batting them away!

Casey isn't eligible, you have to be a member of the European Tour as well as being European. Flamin daft rule.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

Europe
McIlroy
Stenson
Rose
Garcia
Kaymer
Dubuisson
Westwood
Poulter
Donaldson
McDowell
Casey
Gallacher

USA
Spieth
Bubba
Furyk
Johnson
Walker
Holmes
Fowler
Kucher
Reid
Mickelson
Horschel
Koepka

Based on how the americans are performing at the moment i think this will be the Ryder cup we get beaten.

Our Ryder Cup team will not look anything like this. Casey doesnt even have a European Tour Card so he could be world no1 and he wouldnt be playing... maybe he takes it back up next year though once Qualifying begins?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am hopeful of some new names on the list. It livens it all up. My newbies, or hopefuls for the European team are:

Fleetwood
Luiten
Weisberger

Any other European tour players people would like to see threaten to make the team?

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Are they (Casey) still ineligible as a wild card?

As I said I know rankings don't mean this will be the team. And I know the rankings will change a lot. I think I am just seeing how the US are shaping up and I am looking forward to watching them challenge us.

As Tyrion said there will be new blood too in the next while on both sides. I'd like to see Fleetwood for Europe and Harris English on the US coming through.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am hopeful of some new names on the list. It livens it all up. My newbies, or hopefuls for the European team are:

Fleetwood
Luiten
Weisberger

Any other European tour players people would like to see threaten to make the team?

Like all those 3. I'd also add Danny Willett.

Hope that Casey re-joins the European Tour, or that they find sense and change the rules. Meant to be Europe Vs USA, not European Tour Vs PGA Tour.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What about Koepka for the states? Is he eligible? (Not sure what the score is regarding status, whether he is a PGA Tour member etc)

Not too sure about the US side and the PGA - It's a rule that to play in the Ryder Cup for Europe you must be European (obviously) but also that you must be an active member of the European Tour, think it's beacuse is the tour that administers the team

Berger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like all those 3. I'd also add Danny Willett.

Hope that Casey re-joins the European Tour, or that they find sense and change the rules. Meant to be Europe Vs USA, not European Tour Vs PGA Tour.

Isn't the event and the European team funded and organised by the European Tour?

Why would they remove a rule which would most likely mean top European players not playing in ET events, therefore devaluing their own tour?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not too sure about the US side and the PGA - It's a rule that to play in the Ryder Cup for Europe you must be European (obviously) but also that you must be an active member of the European Tour, think it's beacuse is the tour that administers the team

Koepka is a PGA tour member anyway.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yes it is too early to be talking about the Ryder Cup but for what it's worth, I think we are in for a tonking this time :(

D

Deleted member 15344

It's over 15 months away yet

Every year we are supposed to get beat and every year the Europe team win

Can't see any reason why that won't change