Ryder Cup 2018, I know it's too early but...

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Well a certain Ian Poulter has hit Matchplay form and has started to use his old putter again and playing very well

Comfortably through the group stage - a few good more wins could see him into the Masters and then could see him creep closer to the Team - if he does go to win the Matchplay certainly got to see him in the team - an in form Poulter in Matchplay would be a superb asset to the team and one the yanks wouldn’t like to face
I'd agree with this. Matchplay is where Poulter shines and he raises his game to another level in the Ryder Cup. Plus he winds up the Americans and is good TV.

D

Deleted member 15344

Another win for Poulter and into the quarters - seems he is on his way to Augusta and playing very well

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Poults, oops! Pulled iron, straight into the jungle. Loved the marshal, reading a book. Never saw a thing. Straight over his head.

D

Deleted member 15344

You judged Rory on one round (last round last week) .........:rofl:

I believe I judged Rory on winning a tournament which included one superb round - did notice you went didn’t seem to post much especially after all your comments about his game being “rank rotten” and him not winning anything - you seemed to go surprisingly quiet - there was me thinking you were a person is strong character who would admit when he clearly got it all wrong - seems judged you wrong then :thup:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I believe I judged Rory on winning a tournament which included one superb round - did notice you went didn’t seem to post much especially after all your comments about his game being “rank rotten” and him not winning anything - you seemed to go surprisingly quiet - there was me thinking you were a person is strong character who would admit when he clearly got it all wrong - seems judged you wrong then :thup:

No fair play to him he won and I didn't see it coming but then he played rank rotten this week and got pumped out the tournament so I would say he is streaky at best but not all what some folk would like to think.

D

Deleted member 15344

No fair play to him he won and I didn't see it coming but then he played rank rotten this week and got pumped out the tournament so I would say he is streaky at best but not all what some folk would like to think.

Or it’s matchplay where anything can happen and as can be seen with the players that lost over the weekend - DJ , Spieth , Rahm etc all also getting knocked out - it’s not really a Comp to be used as any indication other than Matchplay ability but then I’m sure someone of your perception Sam would once again understand that - or did I again misjudge you

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another win for Poulter and into the quarters - seems he is on his way to Augusta and playing very well

sounds likes hes gonna miss out on Augusta by the tiniest of margins unless he wins Houston

Iain Carter @iaincartergolf
1m
Poulter seven down after 10 v Kisner. He is going to miss out on Masters by less than three hundredth of a point on the rankings - unless he wins Houston

D

Deleted member 15344

sounds likes hes gonna miss out on Augusta by the tiniest of margins unless he wins Houston

Iain Carter @iaincartergolf
1m
Poulter seven down after 10 v Kisner. He is going to miss out on Masters by less than three hundredth of a point on the rankings - unless he wins Houston
That would be a shame - the Sky boys had him at 50th in the world if he reached QF

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Or it’s matchplay where anything can happen and as can be seen with the players that lost over the weekend - DJ , Spieth , Rahm etc all also getting knocked out - it’s not really a Comp to be used as any indication other than Matchplay ability but then I’m sure someone of your perception Sam would once again understand that - or did I again misjudge you

You misjudged how bad his game was TBH

D

Deleted member 15344

You judged him on a couple of games, he's been "Rank Rotten" for a while :whistle:

I judged him on his Matchplay hence it’s being spoken about in the Ryder Cup thread which is all about Matchplay- do keep up old chap.

D

Deleted member 15344

You misjudged how bad his game was TBH

Actually I didn’t - you clearly did , only had to look at his year results so far to see he wasn’t anywhere near as bad as you suggested. But I suspect it’s not the first time and won’t be the last - have a good evening now :thup: