Random Irritations

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Swimming egos. With Covid, you now need to book your lane, Slow, Medium, or Fast. Be honest with yourself and get in the right lane. Me hitting your ankles every two lengths is not fun for either of us.

In fact, sporting egos full stop. People who on strava will stop their watches to catch a breath, then run on, but then claim a PB or "smashed it" then you look at the elapsed time and you can see their 25 minute 5k actually took 40 minutes!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Power cut on the industrial estate. It's dark, cold, no hot drinks, we are busy and can't afford the downtime in the factory.

It could be worse, I could be the poor beggar outside in the rain fixing it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think I am hard pressed to find a day when something in the media does not irritate me. Today is particularly grinding, headlines this morning on the websites about how awful it is that the government may steal our family xmas but tightening restrictions, now all headlines changed to how government is risking our safety and a massive spike in January by letting Xmas go ahead. Not being political and taking a side on this but would the press please just take a standpoint and stick to it rather than just being contrary (I have given up any pretence of the press being impartial observers and taking a neutral stance).

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think I am hard pressed to find a day when something in the media does not irritate me. Today is particularly grinding, headlines this morning on the websites about how awful it is that the government may steal our family xmas but tightening restrictions, now all headlines changed to how government is risking our safety and a massive spike in January by letting Xmas go ahead. Not being political and taking a side on this but would the press please just take a standpoint and stick to it rather than just being contrary (I have given up any pretence of the press being impartial observers and taking a neutral stance).
People seem to forget that “The Media” tend only to be driven by one thing - Sales (whether Newspaper or TV ads). They will therefore do their absolute best to represent what they think their customers want.

In short, much like Politicians, we get the Media “we” deserve.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
People seem to forget that “The Media” tend only to be driven by one thing - Sales (whether Newspaper or TV ads). They will therefore do their absolute best to represent what they think their customers want.

In short, much like Politicians, we get the Media “we” deserve.

Totally agree. Sadly more people want a contrary, combative and sensationalist view rather than an impartial and analytical piece

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lease car apparently went to be loaded today and a hold has been put on it... nobody knows why atm

all suspect when you have had the order 3 weeks and suddenly once you reach the 2-3 week window end it now finds an issue...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
When I come to power they will be. I've only got banning pineapple on pizza and reclassifying the tomato as a vegetable (because everyone with any sense knows it's not a fruit) ahead of legalising cattle prods on my to do list.

can you also add that pedestrians who cross the road when there is a perfectly usable crossing within 20 yards should be fair game and you get to keep any shopping they may have bought

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Swimming egos. With Covid, you now need to book your lane, Slow, Medium, or Fast. Be honest with yourself and get in the right lane. Me hitting your ankles every two lengths is not fun for either of us.

In fact, sporting egos full stop. People who on strava will stop their watches to catch a breath, then run on, but then claim a PB or "smashed it" then you look at the elapsed time and you can see their 25 minute 5k actually took 40 minutes!

Lane swimming is a great idea but usually frustrating as hell. I'm medium fast and sometime hit the fast lane because the head up slow coachers are hogging the middle lane. Having said that I always, always, always keep an eye on who's behind and stop to give way to a faster swimmer (then try and draft for a length)!!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Power cut on the industrial estate. It's dark, cold, no hot drinks, we are busy and can't afford the downtime in the factory.

It could be worse, I could be the poor beggar outside in the rain fixing it.

Time to look at critical power generation on-site if it's that important.

What is the cost to the business being out of power for say 1 hour? assuming you can recover and be at full capacity again that quickly...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Time to look at critical power generation on-site if it's that important.

What is the cost to the business being out of power for say 1 hour? assuming you can recover and be at full capacity again that quickly...
We are not that big, don't produce sufficient per hour to warrant that. If we were high speed manufacturing then it would be different but being without power for an hour or two is annoying but manageable. Thankfully we get a phone signal at work so I can reply to emails on my phone without customers being aware of any issue.

Today was a close call as we are shipping an order to eastern Europe that had to be finished and shipped today. It is not normally that critical but Christmas scuppers freight companies quite badly, understandably as well to be fair. Thankfully we were only down for 1hr 3/4.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The nob driving down the middle lane of the M3 today at 60 mph with a totally empty inside lane. At least he was on his own in the car wearing a mask so he would not have caught covid when the p-d off motorists queuing up behind him forced him to the hard shoulder and beat seven bags of fertiliser out of him.