Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
The absolute idiot who decided that the turn left only lane didn’t apply to him and shot across the front of me and nearly took the front of my car off

Last edited by a moderator:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Annual performance review time.

Done 6 in the last 3 days. Yet another new form this year, subtly different from last year. Different enough that it doesn't quite tie up with the guidance and keeps HR types in a job.

Staff are supposed to submit their part of the form to whoever is doing their review at least 48 hours in advance. Only 2 out of the 6 did. Of the others 2 had done it, but sent in the night before. 1 had scribbled something on their form probably 10 minutes before the meeting and the other denied all knowledge of needing to do it despite having done it last year.

Three went reasonably well. They had prepared and were able to have a good discussion and set good objectives for the next year.

The others not so much. The one that couldn't be bothered to even fill in the form immediately asked for a promotion and a payrise. Then got the hump when told no and pretty much refused to engage thereafter.
The other two generally made poor excuses as to why they hadn't done the forms or completed any of their objectives last year. Before going on to ask for crazy pay rises.

I personally get people to set their own objectives based on what they want to get out of their career. If they want promotion we set objectives to get them the skills and experience to get there. So when they come back a year later and haven't don't them it's they that have lost out and set themselves back another year at least.

But it's the excuses that annoy me. Didn't have time. But no lounger spends an hour and a half each day commuting, plus spending hours on social media or watching hours of Netflix each day. No one showed me, didn't have training, too busy at work.
Take some bloody responsibility for your own development for crying out loud.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm thinking they should be legalised. Not taser strength but just enough to give the idiot who strays too close a little jolt!

When I come to power they will be. I've only got banning pineapple on pizza and reclassifying the tomato as a vegetable (because everyone with any sense knows it's not a fruit) ahead of legalising cattle prods on my to do list.

BiMGuy

Visit site
When I come to power they will be. I've only got banning pineapple on pizza and reclassifying the tomato as a vegetable (because everyone with any sense knows it's not a fruit) ahead of legalising cattle prods on my to do list.

Pineapple, chorizo and chilli on pizza is one of life's great pleasures

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pineapple, chorizo and chilli on pizza is one of life's great pleasures

I refer the honourable gentleman to the Venn diagram below.....

Pineapple on pizza.png

Not everyone that likes pineapple on pizza is a paedophile but all paedophiles like pineapple on pizza. In fact in my Britain, that's how we'll catch them. If they order a Hawaiian pizza from Dominos it will be delivered by a police car who will also check their computer hard drive.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Annual performance review time.

Done 6 in the last 3 days. Yet another new form this year, subtly different from last year. Different enough that it doesn't quite tie up with the guidance and keeps HR types in a job.

Staff are supposed to submit their part of the form to whoever is doing their review at least 48 hours in advance. Only 2 out of the 6 did. Of the others 2 had done it, but sent in the night before. 1 had scribbled something on their form probably 10 minutes before the meeting and the other denied all knowledge of needing to do it despite having done it last year.

Three went reasonably well. They had prepared and were able to have a good discussion and set good objectives for the next year.

The others not so much. The one that couldn't be bothered to even fill in the form immediately asked for a promotion and a payrise. Then got the hump when told no and pretty much refused to engage thereafter.
The other two generally made poor excuses as to why they hadn't done the forms or completed any of their objectives last year. Before going on to ask for crazy pay rises.

I personally get people to set their own objectives based on what they want to get out of their career. If they want promotion we set objectives to get them the skills and experience to get there. So when they come back a year later and haven't don't them it's they that have lost out and set themselves back another year at least.

But it's the excuses that annoy me. Didn't have time. But no lounger spends an hour and a half each day commuting, plus spending hours on social media or watching hours of Netflix each day. No one showed me, didn't have training, too busy at work.
Take some bloody responsibility for your own development for crying out loud.

Deep joy. Got to do reviews for the ward clerks I now manage. Not done these from that side of the fence for a while and now we're in full escalation no-one has the time to mentor me so looks like its seat of the pants time and doing it myself. To be fair the three we have at the moment (one on maternity leave until May) have done well. The two we appointed in April and August respectively have fitted right in so hopefully their review will be easy. I have some development plans already for both. We have one on sick leave (hip replacement) that needs some development and a few issues but we're get there

BiMGuy

Visit site
I refer the honourable gentleman to the Venn diagram below.....

View attachment 33989

Not everyone that likes pineapple on pizza is a paedophile but all paedophiles like pineapple on pizza. In fact in my Britain, that's how we'll catch them. If they order a Hawaiian pizza from Dominos it will be delivered by a police car who will also check their computer hard drive.

Good job I don't eat Dominos. I don't consider it pizza. I only eat pizza I make or get from a couple of specific places.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The unmentionable person in the Range Rover this morning. Driving on the wrong side of the road, hmm, turning across me from the wrong side of the road, pulling over to the left, none of these involving indicators, and just when I was about to go past them, yes, you guessed it, they turned right, into their driveway, with no indicators.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The unmentionable person in the Range Rover this morning. Driving on the wrong side of the road, hmm, turning across me from the wrong side of the road, pulling over to the left, none of these involving indicators, and just when I was about to go past them, yes, you guessed it, they turned right, into their driveway, with no indicators.
At least you know where they live now.
Get a copy of the Highway Code in the post to them as a Xmas pressie- or get Moonpig to make a "You're :poop: at driving " card..

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
This years Alaska cruise and Rocky Mountaineer train was cancelled quite rightly, so we opted to leave the money and go next year. There was supposed to get - I think that's what I may a 25% extra uplift but they said it would be dearer next year and added a drinks package but we accepted it, now they've rung and said the 2021 cruise has been cancelled and offered the same cruise a week or two later which is difficult, another cruise anywhere else or a cruise credit for time to make up our mind. They seem to have mistakenly forgotten the 100% refund option - they are ringing back Thursday or Friday to find out what we want and I reckon its money back time!

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Deep joy. Got to do reviews for the ward clerks I now manage. Not done these from that side of the fence for a while and now we're in full escalation no-one has the time to mentor me so looks like its seat of the pants time and doing it myself. To be fair the three we have at the moment (one on maternity leave until May) have done well. The two we appointed in April and August respectively have fitted right in so hopefully their review will be easy. I have some development plans already for both. We have one on sick leave (hip replacement) that needs some development and a few issues but we're get there

Wow. Didn't realise that you had been promoted Homie. Managing 3 ward clerk and having to do their reviews now! Such a busy time. Shame one is on maternity leave until May, and another, with issues (pre-judging??), on sick leave. I'm sure the third will get a glowing review.

Or will she/he???? :unsure:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site

Can you legalise shooting drivers if they fail to acknowledge you letting them out a turning or through a gap?