Random aches and illness thread

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As the random irritation thread is getting long with people feeling poorly ATM I think we need the random I don't feel great today thread

@Slime has his bad knee atm
@Orikoru has some kind of splinter today (didums)
@HeftyHacker and myself discussing our ACL replacements lol 🤣

All are welcome in sickbay

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lower back pain. Fairly constant, just different levels of pain. This week has not been good.

Interestingly, swinging a club helps it to loosen up. The downside is when I do a hack shot, not on purpose, it wrecks me for the rest of the round. I have to think Ernie Els all the time 😄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lower back pain. Fairly constant, just different levels of pain. This week has not been good.

Interestingly, swinging a club helps it to loosen up. The downside is when I do a hack shot, not on purpose, it wrecks me for the rest of the round. I have to think Ernie Els all the time 😄

Due to my Hsf health plan i get £800 ISH a year towards physiotherapy, so I've built up a friendship with one local to me lol

Anytime I get bad back pain I just go see him (clicks it nicely) and gets me back on track (pardon the pun)

He says with the back golf will help if it's not restricted, just any exercise like walking keeps u moving

When I had my back spasm last week he told me just whatever I do don't stop! So when it stopped spasming I cleaned the garden, the cars , the house .. and it really helped

Ofc I won't let the wife know these tasks helped or she will make me do them weekly

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Due to my Hsf health plan i get £800 ISH a year towards physiotherapy, so I've built up a friendship with one local to me lol

Anytime I get bad back pain I just go see him (clicks it nicely) and gets me back on track (pardon the pun)

He says with the back golf will help if it's not restricted, just any exercise like walking keeps u moving

When I had my back spasm last week he told me just whatever I do don't stop! So when it stopped spasming I cleaned the garden, the cars , the house .. and it really helped

Ofc I won't let the wife know these tasks helped or she will make me do them weekly
I wish mine would click back in, unfortunately it is muscle related. Had the problem for a good few years now. Had physio, done stretching, massage, acupuncture, muscle massage machine, tried an Osteopath, (occasional temporary relief after seeing one but then back to normal within a day or two). I had to lift some heavy stuff at work last Friday and that has put me back again. I lift correctly but it is on the edge all the time and doesn't take much to tip me over. It's frustrating, and not comfortable.

Each physio gave me the same advice they gave you, keep active, so I do. I'm just active and uncomfortable 🤷‍♀️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wish mine would click back in, unfortunately it is muscle related. Had the problem for a good few years now. Had physio, done stretching, massage, acupuncture, muscle massage machine, tried an Osteopath, (occasional temporary relief after seeing one but then back to normal within a day or two). I had to lift some heavy stuff at work last Friday and that has put me back again. I lift correctly but it is on the edge all the time and doesn't take much to tip me over. It's frustrating, and not comfortable.

Each physio gave me the same advice they gave you, keep active, so I do. I'm just active and uncomfortable 🤷‍♀️

They obviously hold something back to keep us coming back for more!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could have a whole thread to myself If I was to let you know about my injuries.

e.g now at 4 weeks with no golf and this week just one hour outside of the house.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I have a thing like this. Middle of my left calf is painful and has been for several weeks, but when I play footy on a Thursday I get through it fine. Then I get home and can barely climb the stairs.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a thing like this. Middle of my left calf is painful and has been for several weeks, but when I play footy on a Thursday I get through it fine. Then I get home and can barely climb the stairs.

Before my ACL went I used to play football every week and work couldn't understand how I could play but it hurt to stand for 8 hours a shift on the gate line (back in the day)

Damn that ski trip in year 10 ruining my knees for life because I was terrible 🤣

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I suppose am not too bad at my age - all being well for time being.

The trigger finger of two middle fingers of left hand was recently resolved (hopefully permanently but at least for now) by steroid injections. A fused joint in the big toe of my right foot links through muscles etc into occasional severe cramp in right leg.

And I’ve got to watch out for pain in my lower back LHS as I had very bad sciatica there some 20yrs ago and I can still feel the ghost of the pain.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
As posted previously. Just getting to the end of my treatment for Actinic Keratosis. Four weeks of applying cream that slowly makes my face go as red as a baboons backside, followed by a couple of weeks of the sun damaged skin flaking off, so now I look like a leper.
Post all this regular wearing of the floppy hat and lots of Factor 50+ sunscreen.

Some people look at you odd and say nothing, others say "what the hell's wrong with your face?"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I struggled with a torn rotator cuff much of last year... it eventually eased, but I do get the odd twinge as a reminder!

I'm perpetually tired at the moment. I think it's lack of sunshine

I had similar a few years back, took forever to recover (how I first met my friendly physio) they got you doing the old 5kg weight lift with it to build up the muscle?

What a random injury it is

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My feet are killing me after doing 38,000 steps yesterday .
We Air2 G2 on the 27 greens at Moor Allerton.
Played it 20 yrs ago but it’s a stunning course.
Greens and tees are good but the lads there have their work cut out after all that rain we have had to get the course back into shape.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Arthritis in both knees, worse in the right
Meniscus tear in the left one.
Recurring but fairly mild Tennis Elbow on both sides...worse on the left.
Honestly, I can't remember playing golf this century without something hurting somewhere....

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week I had vertigo, not a nice thing . Still not totally recovered.
This time last year I had just left hospital after a very nasty bout of pneumonia. A temperature of over a hundred for six solid days. ☹️

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last week I had vertigo, not a nice thing . Still not totally recovered.
This time last year I had just left hospital after a very nasty bout of pneumonia. A temperature of over a hundred for six solid days. ☹️
I was hit on the head with a full drive on our 6th.
I had vertigo for three weeks and your right it was horrible.