Christmas Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Having been a regular at our local Tesco for some years I have a feel for how busy the shop is by the number of cars in the car park
Had to pop in today and the car park was solid..took 5 minutes queuing to get a space...
In the shop there were enough people to fill less than half the car park....people parking in there and either going into town or going to the local sports centre that has a pay and display car park.....
Knobs the lot of them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This could be general but it is mostly Christmas.

Why does deodorant exist?

Why isn't everything antiperspirant .. always end up regifting any deodorant gift sets as it's useless it doesn't do anything to actually stop you sweating just makes you smell slightly less stinky.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mushroom duxelle taking ages to dry out.
You need to sauté gently, until all the moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated. This will take about 25 minutes, depending on the width of your pan. The best way to test that it’s ready is to trail a wooden spoon through the middle of the pan. If juices appear in its wake, keep cooking for 5 minutes and try it again. The spoon should leave a clear path behind it.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, would be very happy with just a big dinner with good company. Do not need anything else.
Golly olly, I understand the sentiment, but I needed slipper boots, got. Paul Smith aftershave, got. And joy of joys, a 12 month voucher to entry to English Heritage sites, hence why I'm on the computer on xmas day!!!! LOL

D-S

Visit site
You need to sauté gently, until all the moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated. This will take about 25 minutes, depending on the width of your pan. The best way to test that it’s ready is to trail a wooden spoon through the middle of the pan. If juices appear in its wake, keep cooking for 5 minutes and try it again. The spoon should leave a clear path behind it.
Thanks. This is roughly what I was doing, just that the moisture was taking more than 25 minutes to evaporate.
However, panic over, it is cooling nicely now.
Taking a new step in coating the fillet in a thin layer of Dijon prior to spreading the Duxelle - it’s this sort of risk taking that makes Christmas so special.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fireworks at Xmas.
There's a 30 second video of Santa and his slay being shot down by a dad setting off a rocket.
Unfortunately it won't let me share it here.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Christmas power cut!
Thankfully the wife cooked the turkey overnight, and as with dogs we are early risers, so had just sat down to dinner.
Unfortunately others I suspect would still be preparing and cooking.
Text just arrived, estimating 17:30 resolution 😯 (started about 13:15)

Last edited:

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Christmas power cut!
Thankfully the wife cooked the turkey overnight, and as with dogs we are early risers, so had just sat down to dinner.
Unfortunately others I suspect would still be preparing and cooking.
Text just arrived, estimating 17:30 resolution 😯 (started about 13:15)
Power cut here at 1.30pm. Fortunately the turkey was cooked and it went down well with cranberry, stuffing and bread! Power back on now, too late to save a proper lunch.