Final (final!!) details for Forest Pines.............

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, it's nearly here. Not long to go now, so just some last minute information about the meet, and a few basic steps to follow to help ensure the week-end goes smoothly.
Details of the hotel are ......
FOREST PINES HOTEL & GOLF RESORT, ERMINE STREET, BROUGHTON, NEAR BRIGG, NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE, DN20 0AQ.
Their telephone number is 01652 650770

A rooming list has been sent to the hotel, you will be able to check in, but you will not be able to access your room until later in the day, so I suggest you keep your bags etc. in your cars.
I am likely to arrive at the hotel around midday.
IT WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED IF YOU COULD MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO ME BEFORE YOU DISAPPEAR DOWN TO THE PRACTICE GROUND/DRIVING RANGE, JUST SO I AM AWARE THAT YOU HAVE ARRIVED!!
Believe me, it's not good for the old ticker when you think that 3 or 4 guys haven't turned up and you start panicking only to find they've been out bashing balls for an hour!! Your co-operation with this will be greatly appreciated.
On Sunday afternoon we will be playing betterball matchplay. The pairings have been posted on the forum and I will have copies at the hotel.
For Sundays matches, OLD FARTS TO WEAR BLUE SHIRTS, WHIPPERSNAPPERS TO WEAR RED....... this to be reversed on Monday please.
Courses are Pines/Beeches on Sunday (1st tee from 13.44) and Forest/Pines on Monday (1st tee from 09.04).

TWO THINGS TO NOTE:
1). PLEASE COULD ALL PLAYERS MEET AT THE 1st TEE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE 1st MATCH GOES OUT. IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET SOME GROUP PHOTOGRAPHS BEFORE THE "OFF".
2). ALSO, DURING THE 4BB MATCHES, IF YOU ARE OUT OF THE HOLE PLEASE PICK UP......
IF YOUR PARTNER IS ON THE GREEN FOR TWO, AND YOU ARE OINKING IT AROUND IN THE BUSHES HAVING PLAYED THREE OFF THE TEE, THE ONLY RESULT WILL BE A 6 HOUR ROUND WITH MASSIVE GREAT GAPS APPEARING BETWEEN GROUPS AND EVERYBODY BEING LATE FOR THEIR EVENING MEAL. PLEASE BEAR THIS IN MIND!!!
THE EVENING MEAL WILL BE SERVED FROM 8.30PM BY THE WAY AND THE DRESS CODE IS CASUAL. JEANS, T SHIRTS, ETC. TOTALLY PERMISSABLE.

On Monday we will be playing our individual matches, but will be going out as fourballs, due to the lack of available teeing off times for singles. This mean there will be two matches going on in each fourball. Whilst this is unusual.... it works.
Just as long as you remember not to try to influence others within your group with choice of club, or any other information. That goes against the rules of the game!! Sure you can gee them up a bit, offer encouragement etc. That's to be expected. But no help!! The pairings will be announced at the evening meal.
Scoring is simple. A point for a win, half a point for a draw, a kick in the bollocks for a loss.
This year, we will be finishing the Monday round on the "Pines" course, where the 9th green is overlooked by the clubhouse/bar. This will create a really good atmosphere with the later groups being met by much banter and jolly japes, with the odd cry of "Well played Sir" "Super shot" "lovely putt" and things like that.
Anybody shouting out things like "You tosser", "Go on, four putt" or "What's that stain on your trousers Grandad" will be treated with disdain... but only for a little while.
With 48 of us going, it should be a great week-end. Hopefull the weather will be kind to us.
If you have any questions at all, please ask.
Rob

Last edited:

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Sounds good. I'm sure it's going to be a cracking weekend and I'm really looking forward to meeting all you guys and putting some faces to the forum names.

Can I also thank Smiffy for his hard work in organising this. Well done Sir! It is very much appreciated.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Excellent Smiffy!

Would like to echo about picking up etc, the Marshall's will be on us if we don't keep up and make the crossover slots properly. It's not easy managing 3 loops of 9!

Finally, excellent work on switching the loops around to finish on the Pines out side the balcony. This is an absolute master stroke from a master at work.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Any news on room sharing yet?

SINGLE ROOMS

CROW (Nick Gould)
LEFTIE (Roger Oliver)
DHAN (Dhan Sharma)
TOPOFTHEFLOP (Craig Shaw)
TEEGIRL (Jan Machin)
ANOTHERDOUBLE (Chris Lovell)
ROSECOTT (Jim Taylor)
SLOWHAND (Michael Fielding)
KHAMELION (Dave Spratt)
KRAXX68 (Stuart Fisk)
MOOGIE (Brian Rutherford)
LOUISE A (Louise Aspden)
BLUEINMUNICH (Richard Parr)
FISH (Robin Hopkins)
VIRTUOCITY (Dave Clarke)
JIMBOH (James Hay)
GRUMPYJOCK (Chris Chapple)
Gordon Taylor (Gordon Taylor)
GB72 (Greg Begy)
JATES12 (James Yates)
STEVEW86 (Steve Wilson)
LETITRIP (Ewan Porrit)
BADGER (Steve Tarr)
BUTCHERCD (Chris Butcher)
94tegsi (Martin McGowan)
HEAVYGREBO (Tony Dunn)

TWIN ROOMS
SMIFFY (Robert Smith)
RAY TAYLOR

2BLUE (Dave Williams)
OL'FART (Bali Chana)

CHRISD (Chris Dorsett)
TWINMAN (Stephen Dorsett)

IMURG (Ian Murgatroyd)
FRAGGER (Phil Murgatroyd)

CRAIG MACHIN (Craig Machin)
ARRON MACHIN (Arron Machin)

DANDO (James Dandridge)
MARK LANGLEY-SOUTER (Mark Langley-Souter)

MERV_SWERVE (Mervyn Warriner)
BRENC (Brendon Clayton)

JOHN GLOVER
DAVE FOSTER

RADBOURNE2010 (Mark Smith)
JOBR1850 (John Brydon)

NORMAN PORRITT
CG26 (Mike Davey)

BEEZERK (Martyn Vaughan)
LINCOLNSHEP (Mark Shepherd)

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Excellent work again Smithy.

Well looking forward to winning this one... then hoepfully retire and let someone who is a real Whippersnapper take on the mantle :whistle:

Fingers crossed for good weather, good banter, good beer and good company.

BTW I have about 200 Tees supplied by Close House (it says so on the side), so if anyone wants some, I will be bringing a bag in and you can take enough for the 2 days.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Massive bonus if it’s not already been mentioned, the final round of the US Open is on the Sunday night. Should be a good lash up if we can get a bar with a tv sorted in the hotel 🍻

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Massive bonus if it’s not already been mentioned, the final round of the US Open is on the Sunday night. Should be a good lash up if we can get a bar with a tv sorted in the hotel 

Erm.. I want the youngens in bed by 10, no alcohol and up early for palates before breakfast... :rofl:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Erm.. I want the youngens in bed by 10, no alcohol and up early for palates before breakfast... :rofl:

Having been heavily beaten during the afternoon, you are then going to ruin their only chance of happiness and enjoyment for the rest of the weekend. Hope you never leave the dark side and come over to the bright side