Golf course with hotel and spa

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One man’s meat is another man’s poison and not speaking form experience. Around

40 went from our Club and stayed overnight at Ramside early May this year.They were extremely disappointed with the courses, especially one of them, no buggies available, food average and in your own words Tashy it was RAMellside!

The Mere at Knutsford is class with a novel driving range, highly recommended
Interesting. I haven't played there for a few years so I'm a bit out of date. I hadn't heard bad things though, you know how a bad rep quickly goes around an area, so this is still news. It always used to be a solid recommendation, I'll have to reign that one back 🤔

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ramside, Co. Durham. The others up here would struggle then but I think there should be okay still.

Also Mere, at Knutsford. @louise_a can perhaps advise regarding drainage. I remember from playing there early this year that she has played there quite often.
Mere is undergoing big changes at the moment, what was the 12th is now the 1st, they are building a new clubhouse by the 11th green and creating more rooms, so I do not know what it is like to stay there at the moment, I play it every year but only in the summer so don't know what the drainage is like when it rains a lot

ViksHrks

Banned
Visit site
If they've already tried Forest Pines, you might want to suggest checking out The Belfry. It's got a top-notch golf course, a hotel, and a spa. Perfect for a springtime golf getaway!

And regarding De Vere hotels, they're generally pretty nice, with a range of options. But it's always a good idea to check out recent reviews to make sure they match up with what your pals are looking for.

When I'm planning a trip, I usually just search for hotels near me to find options in the area. It's a quick and easy way to discover accommodations.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i think the old course hotel has a nice spa. Gleneagles is very nice but the courses dosnt winter well IMO.

Im not sure on Spa, but the rooms and layout at the Renaissance are very good, course don't get much in the way of play

sunshine

Visit site
If they've already tried Forest Pines, you might want to suggest checking out The Belfry. It's got a top-notch golf course, a hotel, and a spa. Perfect for a springtime golf getaway!

And regarding De Vere hotels, they're generally pretty nice, with a range of options. But it's always a good idea to check out recent reviews to make sure they match up with what your pals are looking for.

When I'm planning a trip, I usually just search for hotels near me to find options in the area. It's a quick and easy way to discover accommodations.
You’ve waited a long time to make your first post. I’m not clicking on your link though 🤣

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
If money is no object, check out Trump Turnberry, the Ailsa and Robert The Bruce courses both are excellent and have a 5-star SPA hotel that also has separate cottages to rent.
But double-check when the obligatory winter MAT rule finishes. (y) :devilish: