2 days review of James Andrews golf school

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have been quite concerned just how erratic my swing has been over the past 6 months and felt, for the first time in my golf life that I might just pack up playing. A couple of my golfing mates went to James Andrews Golf School in the spring this year and spoke highly of it and I thought I'd give it a go.

I booked a 2 day course and drove up on Sunday, ready for the 8.15am start on Monday. The on site hotel was pretty decent and for £100 per night for b&b was reasonable. There were 3 of us with James and 2 others with another pro Joe. We had a pre start chat and then, after a warm up, went on Trackman to see what our swings were doing and how to move on. From the videos I was appalled with how bad mine had got, I was swaying, and my club was too steep and although i struck the ball well it was obvious that changes were needed. The other 2 guys were in a similar place so James asked whether we wanted to spend time correcting our individual swing faults or to all learn a better swing, which is what we went for.

The new swing, was going to be the one that Pete Cowan teaches Danny Maude on YouTube (easy to find) but with some differences, so we cracked on learning the various parts and practicing the necessary changes and for 2 of us out of the 3 it was "night and day" - we just loved it but it was quite difficult getting into the necessary positions, but from starting with less than half swings to full swing was taken carefully and slowly with continual checking the video recordings

At the end of day one 4.5 hours at least 2 of us were hitting much straighter and a decent distance. We 3 played on the on site course and tried the new swing. When we got all the sequences right there was no doubt that we were going to hit better than ever and the early signs were good. The first couple of hours day 2 were rounding off the previous days work and then we did chipping and bunker play. The chipping was very successful for the 3 of us and without doubt I will use what I learned religiously as it was easy and worked.

After this finished I and one of the guys played 9 holes on the clubs other course, and we both came off beaming from the results of all the tuition we'd had.

2 days there and 2 nights in the hotel including the 2 rounds cost £ 599 and I'd say it was worth every penny

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25172

Thanks to the review from @chrisd and looking at other reviews I've pulled the trigger and booked myself in for a 2-day course in February. Hopefully my experience will be similar to that of Chris!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks to the review from @chrisd and looking at other reviews I've pulled the trigger and booked myself in for a 2-day course in February. Hopefully my experience will be similar to that of Chris!
I'm sure you won't regret it Jakob 👍👍

A long time to wait for your review

Last edited: