Final (final!!) details for Forest Pines.............

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Top weekend again, massive thanks to all my pp’s for making it a real golfing treat.
Those clubs Crow uses, insane, huge kudos to that man for how he crafts the ball around the course.
Highlights, winning today and getting a selfie with Lee Westwood’s mother 😎

Lowlights, Whippers getting whipped, losing from 4 up after 8 on Sunday, and that ball end in the bar while watching the golf 😂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yep, another great weekend at Forest Pines.
Well done Rob - top man.
Sunday for me was a disaster. Couldn't get anything going and actually failed to contribute to the match other than losing balls and missing putts. My partner has a very sore back now and we got battered 5&4.
Wasn't looking forward to Monday at all, another day like Sunday would have seen me on suicide watch. But, from somewhere, it came together. A fairly mediocre front 9 and I was 1 down. I kept note of my score and an approximate 12 points showed the lack of quality.
On to the back 9 and suddenly I remembered how to play.
Standing on the 17th I was 1 down but 1 over gross for that 9!
My opponent Norman, conveniently, drove into a bunker so I had a chance. From somewhere I produced a drive to die for. 270 yards, down the middle with draw..a proper golf shot.
A 6 iron to the back of the green and a putter up to a few inches and I'd got a well earned half.
21 points and we reckon Norman had 20. A really good game.
Oh, and I slotted home a 60 foot birdie putt as well😁

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Highlights, winning today and getting a selfie with Lee Westwood’s mother 😎 ;

You didn’t fall for that did you, those milfs gave me that line last night, I suppose they were like us oldies really, wanting to spank a whippersnapper 😜

You’ve just got a selfie of some poor lonely old dear 😂

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
You didn’t fall for that did you, those milfs gave me that line last night, I suppose they were like us oldies really, wanting to spank a whippersnapper

You’ve just got a selfie of some poor lonely old dear

In fairness they were from Worksop

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
You didn’t fall for that did you, those milfs gave me that line last night, I suppose they were like us oldies really, wanting to spank a whippersnapper 

You’ve just got a selfie of some poor lonely old dear 

You're just jealous I trapped the lass you had your eye on :D
35549930_10155389626311481_5519923974915489792_n.jpg

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another top class forum event brilliantly organised by the two captains. Got stuffed the first day by ButcherCD and Lincolnshep but felt better after a top class dinner and a couple of soft drinks. My late substitute and I had a cracking round in the last group out with the fine sons of Teegirl and, although the overall result was already decided, all 4 of us played as if the result depended on our finish, great 2 days.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been in about 45 mins as I stopped at the services for a nap as I was struggling to keep my eyes open and didn’t fancy ending up in a ditch!

another top weekend and well done Smiffy for getting the rabble together.

Thanks to all my pp’s for 2 enjoyable rounds of golf.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Cracking couple of day's golf, huge thanks to Smiffy for organising, it'd be a shame if you jacked in the golf and spent most of your time fishing Rob, but as long as you come back once a year for the OF vs WS meet you'll be forgiven.

Great to meet up with old and new faces as usual and thanks to the guys I played with, top fellas all.
Two close matches for me, Sunday partnering Twinman vs Beezerk and 94tegsi, Beezerk found some great form on the front nine hitting it long and straight and they went 4 up after 8 but we had a good spell around the turn and drew them back to level, a bit of toing and froing and we were still AS after 16 but Twinman holed a monster putt on the 17th green and I hit my shot of the day into the 18th green for a 2 up win.
Today playing Mervswerve I got off to a good start winning the first two holes but it was nip and tuck all the way from there on and again AS after 16, I finally hit a good wedge shot on the 17th to set up a birdie and when Merv drove into the bunker on the 18th I just had to play it steady for another 2 up win.

Thanks again to Smiffy and kraxx68.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Top job as ever Smiffy; echo the earlier thoughts about the quality of the courses for the amount of traffic they take and how true the greens are. Thanks to chrisd, moogie and topoftheflop for their company on the course yesterday, moogie (you either upset Smiffy mate, or didn't pay him enough :D) radbourne2010 & fish for their company on the course today and all the farts and snappers for making it such a cracking weekend. :thup:

Also thanks to Glyn for getting us onto Woodhall Spa on Saturday & booking the accommodation for us. :cheers:

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another top forum meet, echo the thanks to Smiffy for organising everything. My first visit to Forest Pines and already looking forward to returning although if they could move it a bit further south it would be appreciated ;)

Thanks to playing partners for their company, had two close games, me and Bren losing our pairs 1 down to 2blue and GG26 and won singles today 1up against fellow Hever member Ray (both been at club 2 years, play at similar times, know the same people, yet never knew eachother, how does that work ?).

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Great forum meet :clap: thanks Rob for all the organising and even got the weather spot on 😎
Thanks to my playing partners .......perfect gentlemen, had a few nice shots and some luck when needed adding up to 2 points for OF

If anyone has lost a gps watch I picked it up on the 9th Pines fairway on Monday "TicWatch.

Did you find your wedge Stu.?

Last edited:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many, many thanks to Smiffy for organising this great event again. Top job mate.

Great company and enjoyable golf on both days, so good to meet many old, and not so old, friends and make some new ones.

Old Farts rule, OK :whoo:

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Big thanks to Rob and Stu. It must be bloody hard work keeping us rabble organised.

Highlights for me were Merveswerve and myself winning our four all match 7 & 6, and the, a tightly contested singles match that finished all-square (fair result), and meeting some great new friends.

My first forum meet but certainly won’t be my last. Already looking forward to next year!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A great couple of days again. Thanks to 2blue, Beaver and Bren for their company on Sunday and for Slowhand, Anotherdouble and Beezerk today. My golf wasn't great over the two days, but happy to have contributed to 1 1/2 points.

The final par three had some great comedy value this afternoon with its carry over the water. Eight tee shots between us, five in the water, one resting against reeds and all but in it, one duffed twenty yards and finally playing five off of the tee I got one on to the green to win the hole with a seven.

Thanks for organising Rob and will hopefully catch up a number of you at other meets later in the year.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got home just after 8 last night and promptly fell asleep in my favourite armchair.... absolutely shattered, I drifted off amid thoughts of that lovely young lady from Peru behind the reception desk at Forest Pines. If only I were 30 years younger, and she had had no taste whatsoever, I'd have been in there. Never mind. One can dream.....:eek:

Fantastic two days and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Good to meet up with mates I hadn't seen for quite some time, and to meet new faces as well of course.
From a personal perspective, I played like a drain on Sunday, luckily my partner Ray Taylor was playing really steady, and we somehow managed to scrape a half playing against Stuart & Mark (Radbourne). Great company, but left me a bit worried about how I was going to fare the following day in the singles!
Woke up as stiff as a board (no it wasn't the girl from Peru, it was the fact that I haven't played any golf at all) but a hot shower normally sorts that out. Shame that our shower decided "HOT" wasn't on the menu, only "TEPID". A good breakfast helped, and off we went. To be fair, I played much, much better in the singles. I was actually hitting the ball well off the tee, and was at least making decent contact with my irons although I could not stop pulling everything left. Found myself one up going up the 9th, but Stu was getting his only shot up there and me thinning one out of the greenside bunker saw the match all square.
On to the back 9 and we traded blows finding ourselves still all square after 11 but then Stu won the next 3 mainly due to some crap putting from my side. Nail in the coffin for me was mysteriously losing a ball up the 15th (par 5 with the pond) when my superbly struck 5 iron (safety shot) failed to materialise on the fairway. I can't believe I didn't clear that lake, I absolutely melted that 5 iron, even Stu said "great strike" when I hit it. Never mind, it had been a really good game up to that point.
But all in all a fantastic week-end and I will be booking it again for next year, I'll post the details up as soon as I can. The week-end I will go for will be Sunday 30th June/Monday 1st July as I have already booked my weeks holiday in France for the 6th July so it means I can take the two weeks off.
Only two "downers" for me were the evening meal being changed from the carvery and despite my request, and Forest Pines insistence that they'd sorted it, we still failed to finish on the correct green!
I will make sure that we do next year, promise!
Thanks to everybody for coming along and making the meet such a success.
Rob

Last edited: