Christmas Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't mean things like world poverty etc, keep it light :)

Two to start are:
The Spice Girls cover of Christmas Wrapping (currently playing on R2). The original is one of my favourite Christmas songs but htis version is terrible.
Whamaggedon - what is that all about?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bah humbugs!

If someone doesn’t like Christmas, fine, but don’t suck the fun out of my Christmas. Go find a cave for a few weeks, dress in sack cloth and ashes, and howl at the moon.

I can agree to a certain extent but I also would like supermarkets etc to perhaps have one day a week or a fortnight where they turn off the Xmas music etc for those who have reason not to find Xmas a joyous time.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I can get irritated by the commercial fuss and frippery around Christmas that detract and distract from what it’s actually about. We all need hope in life, and this time of year can provide a vehicle for it - if you allow it to. So I try and put all my little Christmas irritations aside.

That said…for some random reason I find references in the media to Christmas Day as ‘the great day’…rather irritating, when I know that, in the ways that matter to me, it is.🤔

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
I can get irritated by the commercial fuss and frippery around Christmas that detract and distract from what it’s actually about. We all need hope in life, and this time of year can provide a vehicle for it - if you allow it to. So I try and put all my little Christmas irritations aside.

That said…for some random reason I find references in the media to Christmas Day as ‘the great day’…rather irritating, when I know that, in the ways that matter to me, it is.🤔
Remember that what Christmas is actually about is an irritation to a large number of people though! 😬

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Remember that what Christmas is actually about is an irritation to a large number of people though! 😬
Yes I know, which for me is a pity, as it’s actually about looking forward with hope rather than simply having a nice day with the family - which in itself can make it irritating for those without family or family they can be with on the day.

D

Deleted member 1147

Supermarket adverts where they take a good song and get a woman with no voice to sing it in an insipid tone and ruin it for all eternity.

Lily Allen I'm looking at you...Somewhere only we know will never be the same again to my ears :mad:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Bah humbugs!

If someone doesn’t like Christmas, fine, but don’t suck the fun out of my Christmas. Go find a cave for a few weeks, dress in sack cloth and ashes, and howl at the moon.
Where is this cave, exactly?
1WFX.gif

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just had to pay £5 to collect a Christmas Card from the sorting office because it had a counterfeit stamp on it!😵‍💫

It came from my wife's aunt whose husband is a Vicar!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

We better tell her so they can report where they bought them.
Had the same thing earlier this year when we got the MiL stamps from Amazon. Amazon must have been aware as we got an immediate refund when we reported it and returned the stamps.