Changes to WHS in April 2024

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a 36 hole comp on Saturday 18 holes and Monday 18 holes best net combined.
First board comp of the season.
Can’t belive they are going through with it but they are, given the course is so wet.

Will all handicaps change for the comp on Monday 1st or just play off old one as it’s the same comp.

Did no-one inform your club of the 1st April changes?

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have a 36 hole comp on Saturday 18 holes and Monday 18 holes best net combined.
First board comp of the season.
Can’t belive they are going through with it but they are, given the course is so wet.

Will all handicaps change for the comp on Monday 1st or just play off old one as it’s the same comp.

Club Systems have specifically advised clubs not to have a multi round competition spanning the old and new systems.

wjemather

Visit site
They certainly need to know that (for IG members) that they will have to download version 2.5 of the IG App after April 1st before they enter any scores.
Yeah, I heard that, but can't think of any reason for it (other than it giving incorrect CH information) as only gross hole scores need to be submitted for both competitions and handicapping - what the app calculates as CH/PH is utterly irrelevant - a bit like writing 48 on your card when you play off 12.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t think so, at the EG seminar they also suggested that compeitions spanning April/March should be avoided. In fact they recommended not holding compeitions on either the 31st March or 1st April.
The only thing I can think of is there going to have a two day comp as a non qualifier!
As they havnt cancelled the PL in the general area.

I find that very strange for a major board comp.

Genu9

Visit site
1711981077363.png

Mate is on holiday on Costa Brava, and apart from winding me up with pictures of the sunshine, he played this course today and sent me the Lookup Tables snapshot. Simple, easy to understand, no rounded/unrounded difference and looks like they've been valid since October 2022 as well?
Apparently not rocket science in Spain?

NearHull

Visit site
View attachment 52631

Mate is on holiday on Costa Brava, and apart from winding me up with pictures of the sunshine, he played this course today and sent me the Lookup Tables snapshot. Simple, easy to understand, no rounded/unrounded difference and looks like they've been valid since October 2022 as well?
Apparently not rocket science in Spain?
We’ve set up similar paper tables in a glass fronted notice board, if the members like it, we will probably get a board printed.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
App updated yesterday, much more like it. I now get less shots off the yellows than the whites (which is how It should have worked) and a couple more shots off the black tees than I did before

Shame it's taken this long for common sense to prevail

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I lost a shot.
It’s the one I was given free with the new system at the start.

But all the results from Sat and Monday comp have gone missing!

Genu9

Visit site
I lost a shot.
It’s the one I was given free with the new system at the start.

But all the results from Sat and Monday comp have gone missing!
So a 'mechanical precision' software problem. Guess someone is going to have to take your cards and a calculator. Oh! hold on, is a calculator 'mechanical precision '?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So a 'mechanical precision' software problem. Guess someone is going to have to take your cards and a calculator. Oh! hold on, is a calculator 'mechanical precision '?
They put the Saturday results up but they havnt published Mondays and Saturdays has disappeared.

This is the problem with computers .
What would anyone do if they had a match today and didn’t know if they got a shot or lost one over the weekend comps ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
They put the Saturday results up but they havnt published Mondays and Saturdays has disappeared.

This is the problem with computers .
What would anyone do if they had a match today and didn’t know if they got a shot or lost one over the weekend comps ?
Are the rounds not in your England golf record?