Which Stroke Index to use in a Mixed Individual Matchplay?

sjn

Visit site
Par is irrelevant in this situation. The lowest score (gross or net, depends on the competition) wins the hole. In your example, the hole is halved (tied).
the holie tied ? surely the mans gross 4 beats the ladies net 5 in matchplay ?

sjn

Visit site
If the male has scored a gross 4 without a shot on a par 4, then does the female's net 5 on the hole as a par 5 not lead to a halved hole?
not in matchplay .par is irrelevant (unless the competion is using say stableford points on a hole as determiant of who wins the hole - a format I have never seen but apparently exists)

LizAig

Visit site
It would be in the handicapping Rules somewhere, but some common sense and logic can lead to the answer.
I think it’s not in the rules because there’s no reason a player, in a singles match, wouldn’t use the SI of the tee they are playing! It would creat a disadvantage if you didn’t allow a player to receive their shots on their hardest holes!

wjemather

Visit site
I think it’s not in the rules because there’s no reason a player, in a singles match, wouldn’t use the SI of the tee they are playing! It would creat a disadvantage if you didn’t allow a player to receive their shots on their hardest holes!
This is just one of many considerations when allocating SIs.