Changes to WHS in April 2024

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't waste your time. The party line is ingrained in some people.

The guys who you insulted spend many an hour giving explanations on why and how things are done to questions members ask. Without them this would be an echo chamber.

I suggest if you think the party could do better then put yourself up to join the party.

Genu9

Visit site
The guys who you insulted spend many an hour giving explanations on why and how things are done to questions members ask. Without them this would be an echo chamber.

I suggest if you think the party could do better then put yourself up to join the party.
Where's the insult? Some people just won't accept anything that goes against what comes out of EG.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
In the 80s the Unysis folk I was working with referred to the notion of "perfect enough" in development cycles.

That's how I feel about this. I couldn't care if the odd shot here or there might change depending on the rounding up or down and how many places of decimal are used.

Am I toeing a party line? That doesn't sound like me.

Am I too lazy to get into reviewing pages of chat? (And detail)
Now, that does sound a lot like me!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is the current status regarding 4BBB scores counting towards Handicap?
Is it being implemented, lost track over the last two weeks?

Our ladies had our first 4BBB comp yesterday under the new regime.

In the early evening, I received an email from Handicapmaster with the ominous subject heading "Odd handicap adjustment after FBBB score submitted to WHS".

While pointing out that the 4BBB submission and any subsequent handicap action is outside the ISV's area of responsibility, they have asked me to review the handicap adjustment made to the handicap of one lady.

They further suggest that I might raise the issue with WHS if I don't like what I find. I will be retrieving the scorecard tomorrow to review the process.

Has anyone else run a 4BBB since the change?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was aiming at the designers, programmers and 'testers'
…or more - responsibility for problems should be placed at the feet of those who accept a system into service. It is they who determine if the system is ‘perfect enough’. If they are not happy they should throw it back to the supplier to sort.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Yes too both. The original point was only that you can over do something to the point of silliness.

Whs is supported by a range of user apps. If that tells me I get 4 shots, that's good enough. If I want to develop a spreadsheet taking it to umpteen decimal places, I might prove the odd case where it's a shot wrong.

Well, hoorah. Well done. 😁😁 I'm delighted if that's all you have to worry about. 😁

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And the ISPs don’t help themselves.

We use IG and I (and I assume all users) got an email from them yesterday covering off issues and problems being reported to them. The also made a couple of statements on calc of Matchplay Shot Allowance…one of which is…

OLD Method = Calculate CH > Multiply by 90% > Then work out the difference
NEW Method = Calculate the CH > Work out the difference > Multiply by 90%

Thing is…you have to know what format this refers to - it does not say.

And it doesn’t say whether or not Calculate (the) CH includes rounding.

wjemather

Visit site

We use IG and I (and I assume all users) got an email from them yesterday covering off issues and problems being reported to them. The also made a couple of statements on calc of Matchplay Shot Allowance…one of which is…

The only way for members to receive that is for your club to have forwarded it from the admin-updates portal on ig. I really don't know why any club would do that as raw information only serves to confuse the average golfer, especially when it really needs the context of the previous few days posts and comments.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The only way for members to receive that is for your club to have forwarded it from the admin-updates portal on ig. I really don't know why any club would do that as raw information only serves to confuse the average golfer, especially when it really needs the context of the previous few days posts and comments.
Just checked and it has come direct from Intelligent Golf to me. And opens with…

UPDATED: 04/04/2024 (12:00)

Thank you for your feedback and patience following the release of the WHS changes.

As expected, we are encountering some initial teething issues, which we are actively working on as a priority.

To provide you with an update, we have compiled a list of known issues:

Please only raise a ticket if your specific issue is not addressed in the list below:

D-S

Visit site
There is a simple 'Send to Members' button on the Admin update page, so I presume if you click that it will appear in the members' inboxes as coming from IG.

Seems a bit odd and overly technical to send to members without context. A simple message from the H&C Committee saying "there are some software issues due to the WHS 2024 change rollout, bear with us" would suffice and make more sense.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I never got that off IG.

Our results from Saturday and Monday still havnt been posted.
Could be IG struggling.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There is a simple 'Send to Members' button on the Admin update page, so I presume if you click that it will appear in the members' inboxes as coming from IG.

Seems a bit odd and overly technical to send to members without context. A simple message from the H&C Committee saying "there are some software issues due to the WHS 2024 change rollout, bear with us" would suffice and make more sense.
And don't forget...
If you want to hide something send it in an email to Golf Club Members....

wjemather

Visit site
Just checked and it has come direct from Intelligent Golf to me. And opens with…

UPDATED: 04/04/2024 (12:00)

Thank you for your feedback and patience following the release of the WHS changes.

As expected, we are encountering some initial teething issues, which we are actively working on as a priority.

To provide you with an update, we have compiled a list of known issues:

Please only raise a ticket if your specific issue is not addressed in the list below:
Yes, this is the most recent "Update News" post in the admin portal on IG. It certainly wasn't sent to everyone by IG.

"Please only raise a ticket..." highlights that it was not intended for general distribution as members do not have this facility.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I also had to download IG s updated app.
It didn’t do it automatically like the club said it would.

This might have a bearing on the problems.

wjemather

Visit site
I also had to download IG s updated app.
It didn’t do it automatically like the club said it would.

This might have a bearing on the problems.
That would most likely be due to settings on your device. There are factors out of the control of your club and IG, so your club shouldn't have said it would happen automatically.