Random Irritations

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Almost certain it'll be cancelled...and you'll probably go to the back of the queue for another test. Could be as far away as April :(
No word from DVSA yet but expect the worst - tests and lessons were scheduled to be suspended in Wales from Xmas eve as they were already going into a lockdown Boxing Day ( I think) so its 99.9% a guarantee that it'll happen in T4
April. Cough cough. More like May/June

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree with you. The worst thing for me at the moment is that I'm so bloody angry - but there's nobody to be angry at. I'm angry at something that's basically invisible. It's so infuriating. Getting onto a whole year now just pretty much written off.

My wife broke down in tears.

Hasn't been to work since march

Struggled through pregnancy

Feared every scan at hospital (alone because I wasn't allowed in)

Our youngest went back into hospital afters so another fear

Christmas was her glimmer of normal to make one day happy again

Hard to pick her up

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Almost certain it'll be cancelled...and you'll probably go to the back of the queue for another test. Could be as far away as April :(
No word from DVSA yet but expect the worst - tests and lessons were scheduled to be suspended in Wales from Xmas eve as they were already going into a lockdown Boxing Day ( I think) so its 99.9% a guarantee that it'll happen in T4
Absolutely infuriating - I first made the booking at the start of October. Imagine waiting 7 months for a bloody test. Absolute joke. Was hoping to pass, get a car in Jan so that I could make full use of my new golf club membership, popping down there whenever I like. That's ruined. Gutted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hard to pick her up
It is an absolute killer. So many people must have been looking forward to Christmas even if it wasn't going to be a 'proper one'. Reminds me of a song title I heard years ago - The Light At The End of the Tunnel, is the Light of an Oncoming Train.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is an absolute killer. So many people must have been looking forward to Christmas even if it wasn't going to be a 'proper one'. Reminds me of a song title I heard years ago - The Light At The End of the Tunnel, is the Light of an Oncoming Train.

Shame if I had known Xmas was rubbish Id of offered to cover Xmas day at work and taken the kids in lol would be just me

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Absolutely infuriating - I first made the booking at the start of October. Imagine waiting 7 months for a bloody test. Absolute joke. Was hoping to pass, get a car in Jan so that I could make full use of my new golf club membership, popping down there whenever I like. That's ruined. Gutted.
I've one girl who's been cancelled twice by lockdowns...should have taken a test in March, earliest test she managed to get when they reopened was middle of November.
Test booked for March '21...a whole year late.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've one girl who's been cancelled twice by lockdowns...should have taken a test in March, earliest test she managed to get when they reopened was middle of November.
Test booked for March '21...a whole year late.
That is an absolute farce.

Just had the wife phoning me in tears because her parents won't have us round on Christmas Day now. She's always loved Christmas and this is breaking her heart.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is an absolute farce.

Just had the wife phoning me in tears because her parents won't have us round on Christmas Day now. She's always loved Christmas and this is breaking her heart.[/QUOTE. Hopefully she can see them at Christmas for many years to come, by playing safe this year.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Hard to pick her up

I know from what you've posted sporadically on here how tough it's been for her. All you can do is be there on Christmas Day, and try and make the day as good as it can be and hopefully for your wife and everyone, at some point in 2021 we can get back to a semblance of normality. Not sure what you can do to pick her up more than you are doing. Hope she can find a glimmer of something to latch onto

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know from what you've posted sporadically on here how tough it's been for her. All you can do is be there on Christmas Day, and try and make the day as good as it can be and hopefully for your wife and everyone, at some point in 2021 we can get back to a semblance of normality. Not sure what you can do to pick her up more than you are doing. Hope she can find a glimmer of something to latch onto

We got the support bubble of her mum and dad who can come and go as they please with kids under 1 so that will help

She worried it's her nans last Xmas

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We got the support bubble of her mum and dad who can come and go as they please with kids under 1 so that will help

She worried it's her nans last Xmas

I'm actually glad my mum is no longer with us. She lived in London on her own and although she had a great support network of neighbours and friends I think she'd have struggled mentally and we'd have been constantly worrying about her so would probably have affected our own well being as well

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
5 1/2 hours since the announcement of Tier 4..
England Golf have come to a decision about golf courses
Many affected industries have made decisions
But the good old DVSA - a Government Agency - haven't.
So driving instructors in Tier 4 have no idea if they're allowed to work tomorrow or not..
Personally, I've already cancelled tomorrow's lessons and the pupils were almost insistent that I did.
Tier 4 guidance states No Car Sharing.
How does it take 6 hours+ to work it out..?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
5 1/2 hours since the announcement of Tier 4..
England Golf have come to a decision about golf courses
Many affected industries have made decisions
But the good old DVSA - a Government Agency - haven't.
So driving instructors in Tier 4 have no idea if they're allowed to work tomorrow or not..
Personally, I've already cancelled tomorrow's lessons and the pupils were almost insistent that I did.
Tier 4 guidance states No Car Sharing.
How does it take 6 hours+ to work it out..?

Given their track record you still seem vaguely surprsied