Random Irritations

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Tier 4. It's so frustrating. Any even slight lifting of restrictions, and flipping idiots abuse the heck out of it, and here we are again.
Those who have been sensible, haven't gone out much, to pubs, restaurants, shops, or mixed with loads of people, well, I guess we are even stupider. We get to enjoy lock down again, without having had any of the party time.

No you aren't. You have stopped it being worse. In the same boat as myself and my wife, frustrated with those who ignore the rules, but carry on doing what we do for the better cause.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This morning's news on my local radio announcing that Christmas is cancelled for parts of Hampshire. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but did Boris ban turkey and all the trimmings or tell us to take down all of our decorations? I don't believe he did. Yes, some people won't be able to meet up with loved ones but at the same time the obligation to socialize with those you cannot stand the sight of has been removed. That's my mild rant over. I'm feeling quite Christmassy. Back to the sherry and cornflakes.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So wife has suggested a big walk, which is understandable given there is a touch of cabin fever here with the isolation we have had imposed with my return from Sweden 2 weeks ago, but she has said no to any golf. We are in a tier 2 area, and the new strain is coming as people head home for Christmas to enjoy family time and a relaxed tier area. I did my isolating and I am sorry but I expect the others to do the same, but I haven’t seen any evidence of it.
Also I am saying no to a walk if I still have a no to golf ... my plan was to play as a single.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
5 1/2 hours since the announcement of Tier 4..
England Golf have come to a decision about golf courses
Many affected industries have made decisions
But the good old DVSA - a Government Agency - haven't.
So driving instructors in Tier 4 have no idea if they're allowed to work tomorrow or not..
Personally, I've already cancelled tomorrow's lessons and the pupils were almost insistent that I did.
Tier 4 guidance states No Car Sharing.
How does it take 6 hours+ to work it out..?
My instructor texted me today and said my test on Tuesday must still be on because he hasn't heard any different (and neither have I). Our lesson tomorrow going ahead as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This morning's news on my local radio announcing that Christmas is cancelled for parts of Hampshire. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but did Boris ban turkey and all the trimmings or tell us to take down all of our decorations? I don't believe he did. Yes, some people won't be able to meet up with loved ones but at the same time the obligation to socialize with those you cannot stand the sight of has been removed. That's my mild rant over. I'm feeling quite Christmassy. Back to the sherry and cornflakes.
I have to disagree. Christmas for me is about having a blow out at the end of the year, drinking with friends and family, some of which you may not have seen for much of the year. It's not about just eating a lot. On your own. What's the fun in that?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only 24 hours after the announcement of tier 4...pretty quick for them.
Well, that's me done for the rest of the year...Xmas and golf but not necessarily in that order:cool:
With all of this time off, you will be giving me loads and loads of shots next year???

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only 24 hours after the announcement of tier 4...pretty quick for them.
Well, that's me done for the rest of the year...Xmas and golf but not necessarily in that order:cool:

Why bike tests out of interest? It's outside and not in a confined space

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have to disagree. Christmas for me is about having a blow out at the end of the year, drinking with friends and family, some of which you may not have seen for much of the year. It's not about just eating a lot. On your own. What's the fun in that?

Sherry and cornflakes is eating and drinking and who said I was on my own? Anyway, Merry Xmas Orikoru. :)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rangers fan I know on Facebook - every week this year, tons of posts about how good his team are, how they're winning everything, making fun of Celtic fans etc etc etc
After they lose to St.Mirren during the week nothing.
They beat Motherwell at the weekend and he's back again.

I guess the random irritation is people who support teams and brag when they win but are nowhere to be seen when they lose. Can't take it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have not looked at my fantasy team for a while. Just checked it and my refusal to pick anyone from Man Utd, effectively Fernandes, and Liverpool, Salah & Mane, is once again costing me dearly :cry:. I just can't do it but boy it costs.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Water leaking in toilet through the on/off device that is activated by screwdriver, trouble is that if it were leaking after the device I could just turn the screw and turn the water off and fix it, but it's looking like I've got to turn off at the mains, drain the water to do the job and, if I cock it up, there is a chance I cant fix it before Christmas ?