Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why, you have to of given Arsenal something to go for (before tonight) and I bet everybody at Brentford and Stoke won’t think so. Not everyone is a big club Charlie
Just due to the condensed season and trying to fit all the games in. Plus 'unnecessary travel'. I'm sure it will be won by City yet again and no one will care either way.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The banks have not really helped alleviate the financial pressures. Yes they have given payment holidays but that has not caused them any losses and we will see they will have profited. The phrase ”we are all in this together” is blatantly untrue... I would like to see some parity.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The banks have not really helped alleviate the financial pressures. Yes they have given payment holidays but that has not caused them any losses and we will see they will have profited. The phrase ”we are all in this together” is blatantly untrue... I would like to see some parity.

All the banks should also move to taking cheques on their apps..

It's 2020 I can't believe NatWest, nationwide and a couple others still don't!

It's annoying enough people use cheques but don't force us to the banks during covid

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
The almost pathological hatred of Reporters and the Media that is prevalent on all forms of social media these days.

I accept that we are at an extreme low point in regards to the general quality of media output, but just whose fault do some people think this is?
What are the most popular Newspapers in this Country now? The Mail? The Sun?
In America, look at the viewing figures that Fox "News" and some of its "Expert" presenters get.

They only feed this relentless dirge because it sells advertising. As soon as people stop buying/watching it then they'll have no choice but to change their output. Until that happens, then let's place a significant percentage of the blame exactly where it belongs.. The consumers that lap up this style of news....... :mad:

D

Deleted member 15344

Getting bad toothache two days before Xmas and trying to find an emergency dentist , then seeing how much it all costs ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You know, I had a bad experience with a dog today and was a bit shaken up by it, not the first time and it won't be the last so I came here to get it off my chest. I believe that's why this thread exists. I know plenty of people like dogs. I'm even getting better in my old age - I blamed the owner and not the dog.

If you dislike my sweeping generalisation then say so calmly, chances are I'd agree with you, or ignore it. Don't post something pathetic like this. And don't pretend it's unreasonable to get annoyed by people who let their dogs run amok.

Then dont generalise about all dog owners because you had a bad experience with one. We have a very scared rescue dog who we take every care to look after and ensure that she doesnt cause issues for any other dogs or people whilst training her to be more confident. Like everything there are good dog owners and bad dog owners, you knew exactly what response youd get from someone when you posted that.

And to turn your post back to you, why not post calmly about your experience and that dog owner rather than insinuate all dog owners are the same, not once but twice when politely challenged by Dando.

Btw, sorry to hear you had a bad experience, hope both you and the dog are ok

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think I'll side with Kaz. She was asked "All dog owners?" and replied "Seems like it". And yes, sometimes it does seem like it - for example if you've just trod in a third dog turd or perhaps been bothered by a dog yet again.

Sometimes we generalise and therefore tar all persons of a particular category with the same brush - be they dog owners, southerners, Welsh, seniors, French, policemen, brexiteers, bankers, stamp collectors, IT staff, remainers or whatever. We, the accusers, generally know we dont mean every last man jack of them, and folk within the target group generally know we dont mean every last man jack of them. So theres no real need for anyone to jump up and take umbrage. Especially not in a random irritations thread.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People who hang around when taken off at work

For one we need least amount as possible in with covid

For another let someone else go home if you got nothing better to do

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think I'll side with Kaz. She was asked "All dog owners?" and replied "Seems like it". And yes, sometimes it does seem like it - for example if you've just trod in a third dog turd or perhaps been bothered by a dog yet again.

Sometimes we generalise and therefore tar all persons of a particular category with the same brush - be they dog owners, southerners, Welsh, seniors, French, policemen, brexiteers, bankers, stamp collectors, IT staff, remainers or whatever. We, the accusers, generally know we dont mean every last man jack of them, and folk within the target group generally know we dont mean every last man jack of them. So theres no real need for anyone to jump up and take umbrage. Especially not in a random irritations thread.
Carol Singers too ? :ROFLMAO:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting bad toothache two days before Xmas and trying to find an emergency dentist , then seeing how much it all costs ?

Orajel is your friend. Go to a pharmacist and get the 20% benzocaine version. Then ignore the advice to only use it 4 times a day. In fact buy two or three to get you through Xmas day until the shops open again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not a great day again. Different and "interesting". Had a patient with underlying drug addiction issues decided to try and abscond so had the police and security on site. All fine and dandy and we got the patient back, back into the unit and bed. Visitor turns up after lunch knowing the original password set but not the new one. Very jumpy and wouldn't sit down. I had serious concerns but a decision was made to let them have a momentary visit with the nurse in charge of the patient and the nurse in charge of that bay in close attendance.

It was only a matter of minutes apparently. I made a decision to contact the NOK who is handling the patients affairs to have a chat as something didn't sit. Turns out the guy is a known dealer!!!!!! They want them barred. I knew something didn't sit right and I was prepared to take any incoming for making the call. Relayed the news to the matron, nurse in charge of ICU today and senior consultant. The nursing staff were confident nothing untoward happened but at least they are now aware (and they wouldn't be the first patient to receive drugs while a patient) so we'll see how it pans out and whether he turns up again. Irritated when we as the admin team have the most dealings with visitors coming on and off the unit to see patients and have a "feeling" something isn't right to be ignored and very little discussion taking place.

Add in two families getting the news loved ones are being put onto end of life care and for the second day running it was a crap day. So need some time off to clear the head and recharge the batteries.