Random Irritations

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Seeing some numpty with a trolley going down the 15th when the back nine is carry only. Some members have no respect for the course and the rules

what about the club sec who sends out letters asking to carry if possible, yet the club rents out trollies that chew up the course.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
what about the club sec who sends out letters asking to carry if possible, yet the club rents out trollies that chew up the course.

The pro shop was shut for Christmas and so all rental electric and manual trollies locked up. This was a member with his own electric trolley. Course status updated every morning on the website and there had been signs prior to closing yesterday on the 10th tee saying no trollies. Ignorant and selfish

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
"I felt contact and I went down." :mad::mad::mad:

VAR was supposed to sort this out.
Was that Tierney? I don't think there even was contact - you could see him dragging his right foot instead of planting it so that he would hit the deck. I was amazed when they gave the pen. I thought foul in real time, but the VAR seemed to show it was a clear dive - or so I thought!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last 3 or 4 days I've been getting static shocks off EVERYTHING in the house. Door handles, lightswitches, the wife, anything. I can't understand why. Initially she thought it was the acrylic Christmas jumper I was wearing, but today I was wearing just a normal hoodie and it was still happening! Some of them have been pretty bad and actually hurt. I've got no idea what's going on and it's driving me mad.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Last 3 or 4 days I've been getting static shocks off EVERYTHING in the house. Door handles, lightswitches, the wife, anything. I can't understand why. Initially she thought it was the acrylic Christmas jumper I was wearing, but today I was wearing just a normal hoodie and it was still happening! Some of them have been pretty bad and actually hurt. I've got no idea what's going on and it's driving me mad.

What are you wearing on your feet?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's your electric personality.?.:whistle:

Mandofred

Visit site
The times this has happened to me (usually not here in this country) I end up lightly smacking objects before grabbing them so I don't notice the snaps. Car door handles, door handles in the house.....I just reach out and give it light but quick swing.....and then grab them. Probably look like a nut.....but it works for me.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Was that Tierney? I don't think there even was contact - you could see him dragging his right foot instead of planting it so that he would hit the deck. I was amazed when they gave the pen. I thought foul in real time, but the VAR seemed to show it was a clear dive - or so I thought!

As did I. Don't get me wrong, if you don't turn up then you don't deserve anything, but equally you don't deserve to be cheated out of it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Check your socks, your other clothes. Chances are you are wearing manmade fibres. Change them to natural products, cottons, wool etc. Your socks for example may have elastene in them, 10% or so. Consciously pick up your feet when you are walking, don't shuffle.

I'm guessing your heating is on, windows all shut. This is making the air in your house dry and helps encourage the generation of static. Try opening a window for a few minutes every hour. I know it's cold but it will make a difference.

Ultimately your movement, along with some assistance, is creating the static so you have to look at your actions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Check your socks, your other clothes. Chances are you are wearing manmade fibres. Change them to natural products, cottons, wool etc. Your socks for example may have elastene in them, 10% or so. Consciously pick up your feet when you are walking, don't shuffle.

I'm guessing your heating is on, windows all shut. This is making the air in your house dry and helps encourage the generation of static. Try opening a window for a few minutes every hour. I know it's cold but it will make a difference.

Ultimately your movement, along with some assistance, is creating the static so you have to look at your actions.
Too much friction somewhere..:eek:(y)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

New slippers for Christmas?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Need to get yourself some Tashyboy Crocs, pair of insulators with (certain) style.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Static , your silk under wear isn't real silk , cotton socks bless them:ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife borrowed my car this morning. Too impatient to wait for the air con to demist the windscreen she used an old face mask. I discovered this as I turned a corner and the low sun lit it up completely ?.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Cheers for the info but I'm certain nothing is different to usual. Didn't get any new socks, i wear Nike sliders around the house as I have done for ages, and so on. But this static problem has only started this week.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the info but I'm certain nothing is different to usual. Didn't get any new socks, i wear Nike sliders around the house as I have done for ages, and so on. But this static problem has only started this week.
Okay. Try to work out when you are getting a shock. Is there a particular room you are in, rooms you are moving between, time of day, what are you doing etc

Consciously try picking your feet up for a spell when you are walking around. You may be shuffling without realising. Pick your feet up, almost like comedy fashion, and see if you still get the shocks.