Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Water leaking in toilet through the on/off device that is activated by screwdriver, trouble is that if it were leaking after the device I could just turn the screw and turn the water off and fix it, but it's looking like I've got to turn off at the mains, drain the water to do the job and, if I cock it up, there is a chance I cant fix it before Christmas ?

Chris, I think you mean the ballofix isolating valve; try turning it off & then turning it on again. That sometimes settles it down. The one for the filler loop on my boiler sometimes does it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Chris, I think you mean the ballofix isolating valve; try turning it off & then turning it on again. That sometimes settles it down. The one for the filler loop on my boiler sometimes does it.

I've tried that Rich , it's off at the moment and not leaking but will give it another turn later. ... thanks for the advice ?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Celebrity versions of quiz shows (caught some of the Chase earlier) They just dont work. Take away the drama that someone could win a sum of money that could change someone's life and the whole point of the show goes out the window. I know they are raising money for charity but the lack of drama just ruins the program. And the canned audience applause is annoying.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Ebay - have changed their confirmation emails to:
"We got your order." ??

As much as I dislike any "got", I can just about tolerate a "we've got" as some people (apparently) find it easier to say than we have. Don't why they couldn't "receive" my order through ?‍♂️

I blame Burger King ???

Must be a wet winter, all these irritations! ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A guy that had been in ICU, was warded and came back to ICU die overnight. Real shock when I logged onto the system and has sadden myself and my ward clerk deeply as we had got to know his wife really well as she had visited at 10.00am every day without fail. He had been doing better again too. Just reminded me of the perilous flux of life. Been in a really bad mood all day as a result.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched a summary of the current restrictions... I simply cannot believe that religious services are still permitted! Lunacy.

They have handled it so badly to date they don't want to risk the wrath of God on top of it all just incase ..

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The idiots that run professional football; having had the bright idea to move the League Cup Final to April so that hopefully fans can attend, they then keep the semi finals in early January, just after the busy Christmas schedule, and are apparently still keeping them as a one off game, rather than two legs, meaning someone is getting home advantage in a semi final.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The idiots that run professional football; having had the bright idea to move the League Cup Final to April so that hopefully fans can attend, they then keep the semi finals in early January, just after the busy Christmas schedule, and are apparently still keeping them as a one off game, rather than two legs, meaning someone is getting home advantage in a semi final.

thought theyd cancelled the league cup this season ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's only the League Cup, they should have just cancelled it for a season anyway.