Random Irritations

Swango1980

Visit site
Of course he cares, like i care that a specific law brought in just to do this . Don't worry about the fact it's eroding your basic rights as a citizen.
We have a right to protest, but not a right to protest by any means we desire. We're not above the law, just because we are protesting.

The question is, what actions would be considered illegal? Not that I know the entirety or what is and isn't acceptable, common sense would tell me that stopping traffic on any road, let alone one of the busiest motorways in the country, is probably going a step too far. And, such an action is going to have negative consequences for me. I'd just have to hope that it didn't have serious consequences for any of the thousands of individuals needing to use that road

Morfeen75

Visit site
We have a right to protest, but not a right to protest by any means we desire. We're not above the law, just because we are protesting.

The question is, what actions would be considered illegal? Not that I know the entirety or what is and isn't acceptable, common sense would tell me that stopping traffic on any road, let alone one of the busiest motorways in the country, is probably going a step too far. And, such an action is going to have negative consequences for me. I'd just have to hope that it didn't have serious consequences for any of the thousands of individuals needing to use that road
This is a perfect oppurtunnity for the thoughts of the expert 4LEX.

hambugerpete

Visit site

Yes we do as you say.,but I'd suggest the members of the forum take time to read up what he was jailed for. Ive no issue with him being arrested and punished, but it has to be proportional .Sadly it all comes down to money and politics, which is where I'll end.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
That "peaceful" JSO bloke blocked ambulances, emergency services, made people miss flights and caused massive disruption to peoples lives.
He took the law in his own hands in the same way that the thugs in Southport did.

I absolutely support the right to peaceful protest, and if it makes life a little uncomfortable for some people, fine. But to block the M25 for 4 days… I have no problem with the sentences they received.

Does the new laws infringe on my right to protest? It may well do, and I would have no problem arguing it’s wrong. But a 4 day protest on a vital road link… no, that’s excessive in the opposite direction.

As for those protesting in Southport last night… the demographic was fairly obvious. Rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons required. What we’ve seen has been feral, and I’ll guarantee that if they even made it to court it would be seen as a badge of honour and they’d be laughing at the judge as he handed them a 20 hour community order to pick up litter.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having to rely on other people to make arrangements for you only for them to completely balls it up and ignore all of the advice you've given them.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yes we do as you say.,but I'd suggest the members of the forum take time to read up what he was jailed for. Ive no issue with him being arrested and punished, but it has to be proportional .Sadly it all comes down to money and politics, which is where I'll end.
A two-tier judicial system to go with the two-tier Policing system.

As The Specials said "People getting angry"

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't understand their actions.
1. If the JSO protesters have an argument against the oil companies, protest against them. Circle their houses so they cant get to work. Cause inconvenience to those who are causing the problems and leave the public alone.
If their intention is to anger the public who have nothing to do with it and ignore the oil companies who are causing the problems, they're doing a good job.

2. Dragging protesters to the pavement and letting go of them does nothing, they just go straight back to the road.
If you drag them to the pavement, zip-tie them to the nearest tree/lampost/street sign so they can't return.

3. Don't lower their sentences, increase the sentences for the sex offender, drug dealer or burglar/thief.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
1. If the JSO protesters have an argument against the oil companies, protest against them. Circle their houses so they cant get to work. Cause inconvenience to those who are causing the problems and leave the public alone.
If their intention is to anger the public who have nothing to do with it and ignore the oil companies who are causing the problems, they're doing a good job.

2. Dragging protesters to the pavement and letting go of them does nothing, they just go straight back to the road.
If you drag them to the pavement, zip-tie them to the nearest tree/lampost/street sign so they can't return.

3. Don't lower their sentences, increase the sentences for the sex offender, drug dealer or burglar/thief.
The JSO mob seem just a bit disconnected from reality, this story about a mother complaining that poor little Cressida will have to miss her brothers wedding next year as she will be in prison sums up their hypocrisy.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Have you thought about a WaterPik?
I have a cordless charging version, and the cleaning effect complements the tooth brush immensley.
I got fed up with the dentist telling me I needed to floss (my lower front teeth are a little short of space) so I bought one after being recommended on them. I use warm water rather than cold to stop that "arrghh" moment.
The dentist noticed the difference at the last check up.
I’ve got one. Good bit of kit, you can also use it in the shower ( with a different nozzle obvs ) to flush out ear wax

It’s surprising how much you can get out 😬🤢

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tabloid rags referring to a footballer's partner as their 'wag'. As I recall it, WAG was an acronym for wives and girlfriends, ergo one individual cannot possibly be a 'wag' can they??

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Tabloid rags referring to a footballer's partner as a their 'wag'. As I recall it, WAG was an acronym for wives and girlfriends, ergo one individual cannot possibly be a 'wag' can they??
A person could be a W of one footballer and a G of another. Possibly. So I've been told. :unsure:

Maybe they all are. I'm very out-of-touch.

4LEX

Visit site

This.

They're barking up the wrong tree because they're a load of cowards and narcissistic attention seekers. If they really wanted to make a change, they'd be focusing on China and their interests. They create more C02 than the EU and America combined and nearly doubled.

The public should be allowed to physically remove these people and be immune to any charges :unsure::whistle: