Random Irritations

Pin-seeker

Visit site
This.

They're barking up the wrong tree because they're a load of cowards and narcissistic attention seekers. If they really wanted to make a change, they'd be focusing on China and their interests. They create more C02 than the EU and America combined and nearly doubled.

The public should be allowed to physically remove these people and be immune to any charges :unsure::whistle:
If they’re sat in the road they should get 2 pips of the horn,if they don’t move after that it’s on them.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just seen footage of youths running around Southend brandishing machetes.
If it was up to me I'd shoot them, maybe with rubber bullets, maybe not.
I don't want to share this planet with these people.
They need to be gone and a very strong message sent to other scumbags thinking of doing similar.
We shouldn't have to put up with these utter scumbags.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
They need to be gone and a very strong message sent to other scumbags thinking of doing similar.
Rival gangs having a tear up at the seaside is nothing new, unfortunately all these gangs now carry knives. Sadly another thing we have imported.

RichA

Visit site
Rival gangs having a tear up at the seaside is nothing new, unfortunately all these gangs now carry knives. Sadly another thing we have imported.
I don't think it's even an import. Rival gangs were habitually carrying blades and stabbing each other in Marlowe and Shakespeare's time.

4LEX

Visit site
I don’t know about them two low life’s but I’m sure the Southend MP David Amess who was stabbed to death by Ali Harbi Ali, a “British” Islamic Extremist would be.

That's the main reason the majority of MP's don't do in person surgeries these days, another step backwards in democracy. Sure it wasn't just down to mental illness?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree. The MP5 should be in use to take them down. Who knows how many innocent people might have been killed or injured.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Most of the public don’t care enough one way or the other about most things until something impacts them directly. When climate change seriously impacts our lives and we start really caring it’ll be too late to do anything about it.

Whinge all we might about inconvenience; express our concerns as we must about those whose health futures are significantly impacted…but let’s not pretend that such things don’t happen on our roads every single day through deliberate or accidental negligence, mistake or accident - and that somehow that’s unfortunate but acceptable.

I’m not absolutist about this, and know I’m in a minority on here, but I find the attitude towards JSO protesters a bit ‘confusing’ given what they are trying to achieve and the double standards that are applied to them. Strikes me that much of the complaining seems to simply come from our understandable dislike of being personally inconvenienced.

Last edited:

YandaB

Visit site
Most of the public don’t care enough one way or the other about most things until something impacts them directly. When climate change seriously impacts our lives and we start really caring it’ll be too late to do anything about it.

Whinge all we might about inconvenience; express our concerns as we must about those whose health futures are significantly impacted…but let’s not pretend that such things don’t happen on our roads every single day through deliberate or accidental negligence, mistake or accident - and that somehow that’s unfortunate but acceptable.
It's even possible that it too late already :-(

I got some conspiracy threory nut-job flyers through the mailbox a few days ago, they were arguing that 0.04% of CO2 is too small to matter, I wonder if they would be happy with that much cyanide in their tea?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have ongoing lower back problems. Largely manageable, not fun but okay. 2 days ago I started getting back spasms. Never had them before, not at all fun. Way more painful. I'm going on holiday on Saturday, long haul flight :eek: . I really don't need this.

Currently sat at work with a heat pack on my back, ibuprofen on the go. Not happy and panicking mildly.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have ongoing lower back problems. Largely manageable, not fun but okay. 2 days ago I started getting back spasms. Never had them before, not at all fun. Way more painful. I'm going on holiday on Saturday, long haul flight :eek: . I really don't need this.

Currently sat at work with a heat pack on my back, ibuprofen on the go. Not happy and panicking mildly.
Do you have tight hamstrings or calfs. I get sciatica and it is usually caused by tightness in these areas and improves with stretching

RichA

Visit site

Have you ever tried "Zen" breathing?
I'm not remotely spiritual, don't meditate or anything but have been using controlled breathing techniques for years to manage the pain of a nerve issue when I've overdone the painkillers.
It really works to control the pain, get the heart rate down and relax. I managed to fall asleep last week doing it during an MRI scan.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Sounds like sciatica potentially

Some good vids here and also online that can help ease it

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you have tight hamstrings or calfs. I get sciatica and it is usually caused by tightness in these areas and improves with stretching
Have you ever tried "Zen" breathing?
I'm not remotely spiritual, don't meditate or anything but have been using controlled breathing techniques for years to manage the pain of a nerve issue when I've overdone the painkillers.
It really works to control the pain, get the heart rate down and relax. I managed to fall asleep last week doing it during an MRI scan.
Homer - I do have tight hamstrings and try to stretch them. Ironically, I've started doing Yoga this week to help. I wonder if I have done something?

Rich - I'll try that, thanks for the tip