Random Irritations

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well, I was going to say that if the guy at Manchester airport was kicking off he got what he deserved. Having watched the vid the guy was face down with one arm down by his side and the other held on his back when he was kicked in the head then stamped on. It doesn’t look good. It wasn’t a gentle kick and the stamp is appalling. Hopefully a full and fair investigation but…. It’s not pleasant.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Police Statement, maybe best waiting for the enquiry before rushing to judgement:
View attachment 54324

Nothing from the statement justifies what the police officer did when he kicked him in the head

Have no issues with the police using any force required to detain someone or protect themselves but he was laying face down on the floor when he was kicked in the head - it’s not good to see

PaulMdj

Visit site
Nothing from the statement justifies what the police officer did when he kicked him in the head

Have no issues with the police using any force required to detain someone or protect themselves but he was laying face down on the floor when he was kicked in the head - it’s not good to see
We don’t know what happened before hand, 3 Police Officers injured and forced to the ground.

4 Blokes arrested, I’ll wait for the review.👍🏻

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
We don’t know what happened before hand, 3 Police Officers injured and forced to the ground.

4 Blokes arrested, I’ll wait for the review.👍🏻
What does it matter what happened before- he kicked a man in the head who was lying face down on the floor

He is very lucky the man didn’t break his neck casing serious harm

PaulMdj

Visit site
What does it matter what happened before- he kicked a man in the head who was lying face down on the floor

He is very lucky the man didn’t break his neck casing serious harm
What part of I’ll wait for the review do you not get? We have no idea from the video were the other 2 that were arrested are?

I’ll wait for the review and if he faces disciplinary action then fine.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who stamps on another human's head when they're on the ground? Who? That's so extreme and could easily cause death or life changing injuries. I can't get my head around that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who stamps on another human's head when they're on the ground? Who? That's so extreme and could easily cause death or life changing injuries. I can't get my head around that.

I'm reserving judgement until the full picture is out there, I mean I agree it seems very extreme however I read a police lady with a broken nose, 2 other injured officers and all firearms officers so could have their guns taken. If I'd been there with my family I'd want the police to stop a person trying to steal a gun at an airport (or anywhere) at all costs.

Very torn on it for sure

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm reserving judgement until the full picture is out there, I mean I agree it seems very extreme however I read a police lady with a broken nose, 2 other injured officers and all firearms officers so could have their guns taken. If I'd been there with my family I'd want the police to stop a person trying to steal a gun at an airport (or anywhere) at all costs.

Very torn on it for sure

I'm not torn on this one. The guy had been restrained, or at least was on the floor and not doing anything, and the kick and stamp looked like retribution to me. Whatever went before this was out of order from the policeman concerned.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Very torn on it for sure

I read the conflation of a police officer with a broken nose and someone might have tried to take a gun off a police officer with a guy face down on the floor, who had just been tazed, kicked and stamped in the head as deflection to justify the violence of the police officer. That level of violence doesn’t appear to be proportionate.

There may well be better context to this which may provide some justification. However, there is another short clip on social media which shows it from a different angle, and includes a second baddie already subdued, which doesn’t make it look any better.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not torn on this one. The guy had been restrained, or at least was on the floor and not doing anything, and the kick and stamp looked like retribution to me. Whatever went before this was out of order from the policeman concerned.
I read one suggestion that the guy was on the floor with one arm beside him and the other under him. Police had no idea if he had anything in that hand. Have only seen the one angle so can't comment on that. Also suggestions that they were wanted on suspicion of murder and were trying to flee the country. Again, no idea if that's correct, but with three police officers already injured and requiring hospital treatment I'm inclined to support the police in this instance.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am in agreement but would want to hear a lot more about the context of the whole situation. What I do hope is that we get a full and open investigation and if there has been wrong doing that the officers are dealt with quickly and severely

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
He wasn’t in handcuffs or restrained when the policeman in the video is filmed.

No, but he’d just been tazed according to the police report. If the guy was known to have a gun in his waistband or suspected of wearing a bomb vest, I’m all for going straight to DEFCON 4 and shooting him.

I want to believe the actions of the police officer were justified.

As an aside, when I first viewed the vid I thought the guy’s left hand was being held behind his back. Further viewings suggest that’s not the case. Just goes to show that one view from one angle can be misleading, and that we shouldn’t move straight to lynching.

PaulMdj

Visit site
No, but he’d just been tazed according to the police report. If the guy was known to have a gun in his waistband or suspected of wearing a bomb vest, I’m all for going straight to DEFCON 4 and shooting him.

I want to believe the actions of the police officer were justified.

As an aside, when I first viewed the vid I thought the guy’s left hand was being held behind his back. Further viewings suggest that’s not the case. Just goes to show that one view from one angle can be misleading, and that we shouldn’t move straight to lynching.
Only saw the video and the Police statement last night.

Hence me saying I’d rather wait for the full facts, 4 blokes arrested and Coppers injured and not one person on here showing any sympathy to the Policewoman with the broken nose🤬

Maybe his reaction was over the top or maybe it was his reaction to watching a colleague getting battered (easy to guess or make up stories)

But the Coppers have my full support when dealing with utter scum bags.

If he is disciplined then I’ll respect that decision as well.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
If a policeman has reacted to seeing a colleague being hurt by kicking a man in the head and then stamping on his head then he isn’t fit to be a policeman

It’s not an eye for eye , the police are supposed to be above the law - if a policewoman has been harmed then I expect the person who commited that offence to be charged and punished under our laws

The man was lying on the floor arms by his side, turned his head towards the copper who then proceeded to kick him in the head then stamp on his head - he is very very lucky that he has caused serious damage to the person on the ground

This has the potential to be UKs George Floyd moment and the repercussions of this are not going to be great

Im shocked anyone would be siding with that single policeman and trying to justify his actions

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If a policeman has reacted to seeing a colleague being hurt by kicking a man in the head and then stamping on his head then he isn’t fit to be a policeman

It’s not an eye for eye , the police are supposed to be above the law
- if a policewoman has been harmed then I expect the person who commited that offence to be charged and punished under our laws

The man was lying on the floor arms by his side, turned his head towards the copper who then proceeded to kick him in the head then stamp on his head - he is very very lucky that he has caused serious damage to the person on the ground

This has the potential to be UKs George Floyd moment and the repercussions of this are not going to be great

Im shocked anyone would be siding with that single policeman and trying to justify his actions
I struggle to fully accept this - police are still human, they are not robots without emotion. Yes, this was (probably) an over the top reaction but we don't know what provoked him and what other stress he was under at the time.

But trial by social media is rife in todays society and people don't want to know the full facts before typing.

PaulMdj

Visit site

It’s not an eye for eye , the police are supposed to be above the law - if a policewoman has been harmed then I expect the person who commited that offence to be charged and punished under our laws

His arms are not by his side, only one arm is, the other is held by a female, who could be passing him something or hiding something for him!

See what I did there, made a story up!

There’s no mention, yet, of any of those arrested needing hospital treament but to you it has the potential of being the UK’s George Floyd moment.

So you are already being judge & jury and still no sympathy or mention for the 3 Police Officers needing Hospital treatment! When will you condemn the arrested for that.

It’s not up to you or I to decide who is or isn’t fit to be a Policeman, there job is probably the worst one in the Country at the moment and imo deserve our support.

You either believe in the rule of law or you don’t.

Let’s see what the legal process decides before hanging him out to dry, or does he not deserve to be treated fairly?🤔