Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Should it not mean 'fresh out?'. You're at the wrong chippy 😄

Mine, tesco clubcard. I don't have one, don't have a tesco nearby. I'm away for the weekend, nearest supermarket is a tesco. All the prices are inflated, but then discounted with a clubcard, which I don't have 😠

You should 100% get one. Their free. Digital store it on your phone.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dropping the missus off at a friend's house this afternoon. It's a narrow street with cars parked on both sides of the road (it's a Victorian terrace, so no-one has a drive). I get halfway up the street, a car comes in the opposite direction.

I pull in as much as I can to let them pass, the woman driving just sits there and looks at me, then starts gesturing for me to go back. I do so, and get as tight as I can to the parked cars (there are no spaces). There is enough room for her to get through, but she sits looking at me for a couple of minutes, then eventually decides she can get through. As she passes, she rolls down her window. I'm expecting her to say thanks for making room for her, instead she launches into a tirade about how I should have waited at the bottom of the street, even though I couldn't see her coming from there. I just laughed and shook my head which annoyed her even more.
Just reading this has irritated me.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Mine, tesco clubcard. I don't have one, don't have a tesco nearby. I'm away for the weekend, nearest supermarket is a tesco. All the prices are inflated, but then discounted with a clubcard, which I don't have 😠
I have all the major store cards stored on my phone just for such occasions, when away you never know which one you will need, like others have said, prices are eye watering without one.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have all the major store cards stored on my phone just for such occasions, when away you never know which one you will need, like others have said, prices are eye watering without one.

Yesterday on way home from work I just find having everything on my phone useful. Had a bag for life in the car. Nipped to Tesco for the wife. Scanned my clubcard at the scan as you shop. Zapped all my shopping as I went round straight in bag. Tap tap to pay and I was in and out in 5 mins

As said before. Unlocks the deals aswell

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You should 100% get one. Their free. Digital store it on your phone.
I can't remember the last time I was in a tesco. They barely have a presence in Northumberland/ Newcastle so not been an issue before. It will probably be another year before I'm back in one. Morrisons and asda are dominant around here.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just picked the wife back up. Her friend had watched it happen and asked if I gave her a mouthful?

The wife said no, her friend said “he should have, she is a neighbour and does that all the time”.

Some people, eh?
Sounds like a proper Karen.
You probably handled it right,life’s too short.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't remember the last time I was in a tesco. They barely have a presence in Northumberland/ Newcastle so not been an issue before. It will probably be another year before I'm back in one. Morrisons and asda are dominant around here.

Ah see I been playing the game for years. Tesco credit card. Smash the purchases on everything (solar went on them then paid off) all points convert to days out for the kids lol 😆

I'll add mine for today

Getting bibbed by a moron white van driver (better not of woke the kids) for signalling and slowing down to legally pull on my driveway , took 10 whole seconds. Knuckle dragger

Mandofred

Visit site
I go to Asda when I have to.....luckily there is a Morrisons, M&S and Aldi on the way back from the course in Ripon. Morrisons trolleys actually work. I've probably said it before, but I really hate trolleys with all 4 wheels swiveling. Madness unless you have almost nothing in it.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
People stuck in the past

People that think “Engerlannd” is still in the 16th century

Walter Mittys

Those that need to show off

Squirrels

Loud pigeons
In a classic Elevenarife move I’ll see your pigeons and raise you the noisy parakeets that have taken up home in the Sycamore tree in my garden, sometimes there is up to 20 of them and early in the morning they are bedlam!😫

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Candidates in the election using my personal data to get my address and writing ‘personal’ letters to canvass my vote - and then not having any address details for themselves on the ballot paper. Or just saying the county or worse still, saying their address is 100 miles away in another constituency

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isn't a tunnel being built nearby which will cause damage to the area around Stonehenge.
Speaking as someone who has had to travel up and down the A303 for over 40 years . I have spent weeks of my life just sat in in my car on that section.
Just think of all the pollution from all the cars sat there virtually every day sometimes for an hour or and all of the lead pollution that went on before fuel became unleaded.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I have a similar gripe with Lidl. If you use the app you get discounts plus you have to spend £20 to get all the discounts. I probably go in 3 times a week so I rarely spend £20 in one go

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hedges that block your vision.
I know they're often present in supermarket car parks and similar places to slow cars down and, in theory, it's a great idea.
But when you have to get so far out into the road before you can see that you're now an obstruction then they're a bloody menace and completely pointless
It makes a collision more likely not less.....

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been having a nosebleed out of the same nostril a few times lately. I’ve always been susceptible to them if I’ve been in the shower and I blow my nose straight after but it seems if I’m in the bathroom and it’s still a bit steamy bang, right nostril starts bleeding 😮
I had the same problem, a consultant wanted to operate and scrap a protruding bit of my septum.
But as a last resort my own doctor prescribed Bactroban antibiotic cream and that cured the problem.
Seemingly there had been a recurring sore on my septum that kept getting infected and wouldn't heal.
It's been alright for a few years now.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Just ask the person next in line to use their card they get the points on their card and you'll get the discount.
Thank me later .