Random Irritations

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Louisiana orders every classroom to display Ten Commandments
A dangerous path to follow, but one that the Americans seem to be moving more torwards. Forget law and legislature. Rely on what people you have never met wrote down 2000 years ago!
Education, like Government, should be secular.
Otherwise we get judgements like this:
IVF Clinics Stunned as Court Deems Frozen Embryos Are People
Where the judge used theology to come to his decision rather than Science and Law.

I have nothing against religion if you practice it for yourself, but to use it to dictate what other people do is setting a dangerous precedent.
I found it amusing when read about a pregnant lady who caught out these people at their own game; you say my fetus is a human being so that means I can drive in the car sharing lane.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not habitated by humans. But in the great scheme of things, not important. Why do we (humans) think we are the be all and end all of everything?

Yet why would humans continue to make their home less sustainable for them to live in when they could change and solve the issue? Now that is stupid

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe ask the Chinese and the Indians, as they seem hell bent on it, which make what we do almost totally irrelevant.

Common misconception on china,

They have set their targets for 2060 and actually are on a more achievable path.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When they did the Dartford crossing protest etc I remember talking to a few people at work and they were moaning about them. I was like erm guys this is exactly the kind of impact we have when we go on strike. Yes we announce it , vote etc but end of the day we anger a lot of people and cut off transport for a large section of the region .. at least they are doing it for selfless reasons (IE trying to save the planet) ..

Apparently it's different 🤣 ok then ..
Exactly.

Some of the responses on here are truly appalling - set dogs on them, for example. You would think they were killing babies rather than taking part in peaceful protests. As for Stonehenge, some cornflour based paint which is easily washed off (see the solstice celebrations on the news last night), the amount of frothing at the mouth is unreal.

It’s also interesting that the ban on political discussion / abuse is totally ignored when it comes to JSO.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Common misconception on china,

They have set their targets for 2060 and actually are on a more achievable path.
China are a huge contradiction. They are burning coal for fun, still opening new coal power stations, polluting like they don't care yet at the same time are going big on solar and wind farms. I'm not sure that the good is outweighing the bad, in fact I know it isn't, so I don't think we can give them a pass yet.