Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The passage of time and its impact on the human body. Could have cried for Andy Murray today. Well I did shed a wee tear or two for sure.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The passage of time and its impact on the human body. Could have cried for Andy Murray today. Well I did shed a wee tear or two for sure.
Can't help but think he should have retired before this season. He is like the boxer who doesn't know when to stop and just keeps on losing. He can't be doing his body any good.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't help but think he should have retired before this season. He is like the boxer who doesn't know when to stop and just keeps on losing. He can't be doing his body any good.

I hear you but also understand why he's not ready to let it go. He really competed yesterday but I think games on consecutive days are tough plus he's suffering with a bad back. Could be linked to his hip issues.

He's earnt his farwell tour though - even if he can't quite concede that's what it is.

Heartbreaking to see his body continually deny his unquestionable talent.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awaiting a parcel being delivered by Royal Mail. I have received a message saying it is scheduled for delivery today, but on their tracking hub it says it is at their Yorkshire Hub. I live south of Glasgow!

Yorkshire's south of Glasgow, I can't see the issue. ;)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hear you but also understand why he's not ready to let it go. He really competed yesterday but I think games on consecutive days are tough plus he's suffering with a bad back. Could be linked to his hip issues.

He's earnt his farwell tour though - even if he can't quite concede that's what it is.

Heartbreaking to see his body continually deny his unquestionable talent.
He's 37. He should have already bowed out rather than try and carry on in a diminished capacity. The quad group of him, Nadal, Jerkovich and Federer have all had their day, and it's time to move over and let the new group take the stage.
I understand being competive, but he has a young familiy now and they won't want a crippled dad and neither would his wife:)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's 37. He should have already bowed out rather than try and carry on in a diminished capacity. The quad group of him, Nadal, Jerkovich and Federer have all had their day, and it's time to move over and let the new group take the stage.
I understand being competive, but he has a young familiy now and they won't want a crippled dad and neither would his wife:)

As I said. He's more than earnt the right to choose as and when he stops playing. Once those physical demands diminish he'll hopefully be anything but a crippled dad.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I said. He's more than earnt the right to choose as and when he stops playing. Once those physical demands diminish he'll hopefully be anything but a crippled dad.
I'm not disputing he's earnt the right to call it when he want's to, but I do feel that all too often it is 1 season/year too many and leaves a slightly reduced feeling about them. Federer got it right I think, calling it a day just as his body was protesting a little more than it used to.:)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not disputing he's earnt the right to call it when he want's to, but I do feel that all too often it is 1 season/year too many and leaves a slightly reduced feeling about them. Federer got it right I think, calling it a day just as his body was protesting a little more than it used to.:)

Maybe. For me I admire Andy even more. The fact he is so competitive still. So loves the arena of competition despite knowing he can't compete as he used to. It's that x factor that champions have - incredible drive. It's sad though to see him struggle so much - that I do agree with.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had to have a tooth extracted mid afternoon so couldn't eat a proper tea and was limited in my options. Mrs Colch was going shopping so asked her to pick me up some smooth yoghurts with no bits in. Specifically asked for fruit flavours such as mixed berries, forest fruits, cherry, strawberry etc. I will donate £25 to H4H and £25 to the charity of your choice if anyone is able to correctly guess the three flavours she came home with.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had to have a tooth extracted mid afternoon so couldn't eat a proper tea and was limited in my options. Mrs Colch was going shopping so asked her to pick me up some smooth yoghurts with no bits in. Specifically asked for fruit flavours such as mixed berries, forest fruits, cherry, strawberry etc. I will donate £25 to H4H and £25 to the charity of your choice if anyone is able to correctly guess the three flavours she came home with.

Mango, kiwi fruit, pineapple

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Suffice to say it wasn't what you ordered

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Packet of cream crackers, 4x pink lady apples and tin of cherry shoe polish (black) ?