Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right thread but is the closest without starting a new one.
Visiting Krakow this week and went to Auschwitz today. I thought I could understand the scale of the atrocities there but when I saw the piles of shoes from the victims it really hit home. Most shocking was the massive pile of human hair which was going to be sold to fabric manufacturers- 1kg of hair was about 20-25 victims
I went there years ago on a coach with loads of England fans (we were over to watch Poland v England including the U21's and some right neanderthals there) but once we got there and looked round I've never seen so many grown men just walking around crying their eyes out including myself. It simply sweeps up from deep within and nothing you can do to stop it so must be something in our DNA that recognises mans capability to commit acts of barbarism and hte consequences of these actions. The stillness of the forest surround the camp with no bird son was so eerie

pompeybandit

Visit site
eBay scammers.

Someone tried to claim the item hadn't been received even when there's tracking and a picture of the item being delivered. No doubt these people buy loads of items a week and claim they haven't received them in the hope that in 10-20% of cases they get away with it.
Be sure to put the tracking number into the response on their claim as Ebay doesn't automatically look at the original tracking info.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I went there years ago on a coach with loads of England fans (we were over to watch Poland v England including the U21's and some right neanderthals there) but once we got there and looked round I've never seen so many grown men just walking around crying their eyes out including myself. It simply sweeps up from deep within and nothing you can do to stop it so must be something in our DNA that recognises mans capability to commit acts of barbarism and hte consequences of these actions. The stillness of the forest surround the camp with no bird son was so eerie
I've not been there, but I have been told by those that have that the whole atmosphere hits you. And that there is no bird song. And yet there are still holocaust deniers. :mad:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Just had a call from my brother. The sale of my late mothers house has been a long and torturous process, not least by the fact my brother wanted to go through every item in the house in case anybody wanted anything (nobody did) and so by the time we got it on the market, it had collapsed. After lots of false starts, we seem to be getting through with the sale. He tells me today that he has been paying the bills himself, despite me saying specifically that all bills should be passed to the Solicitor. He is about £4K out of pocket and we will incur more legal fees while it is sorted out. I can tell him things, but he never listens and just goes hos own way, and then I have to try and pick up the pieces.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just had a call from my brother. The sale of my late mothers house has been a long and torturous process, not least by the fact my brother wanted to go through every item in the house in case anybody wanted anything (nobody did) and so by the time we got it on the market, it had collapsed. After lots of false starts, we seem to be getting through with the sale. He tells me today that he has been paying the bills himself, despite me saying specifically that all bills should be passed to the Solicitor. He is about £4K out of pocket and we will incur more legal fees while it is sorted out. I can tell him things, but he never listens and just goes hos own way, and then I have to try and pick up the pieces.

My youngest sister did the same, then moved 200 miles away. Wonder who had to go into the solicitors on several occasions to sort that mess out.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Awaiting a parcel being delivered by Royal Mail. I have received a message saying it is scheduled for delivery today, but on their tracking hub it says it is at their Yorkshire Hub. I live south of Glasgow!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Awaiting a parcel being delivered by Royal Mail. I have received a message saying it is scheduled for delivery today, but on their tracking hub it says it is at their Yorkshire Hub. I live south of Glasgow!
I’ve had two of these this week, first message says delivery xx day, but both times its been the following day. I think their tracking system is broken.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Honestly the only trackingnive found to be remotely worthwhile is DPD......I think I can recall one time ever that they've been outside their 2 hour window...
Everyone else is just junk in my experience....

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
🤬 the two responsible need to be made an example of. They need jail time in a proper jail.
I really wish that a member of the public would clothesline one of the protesters as they try to commit these crimes against the country…

Personally I’m looking forward to the day we unlock Britains vast energy treasure of gas and oil to slash the energy bills. 😉