Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When it comes to a single cow my experience is that they are just curious and come to you to find out what you are. had to smile at the guy running round the car with the calf following him. Want to the cow to stop just stand still and shout at it.

A herd of cows is a different proposition and ditto to a mother with it's calf nearby.

Trouble was it was a calf in an urban area and people probably did not know what to do.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
And still stubborn.

Only 2 spoonfuls of porridge on Saturday morning. Same on Friday morning followed by 2 chicken slivers for lunch, which he brought back. Managed a couple of bites of an iced lolly yesterday.

Called an ambulance yesterday, which only took 15mins. It came with a doc. There was a discussion about taking him into hospital but he’s due there this morning anyway. Decision was to come for him today - thanks guys…

Stats for those that understand them;

Breath rate bouncing between high 40’s & low 50’s. Should be around 12-18.
Heart rate 52
BP 46/40
SPO2 86
Blood sugar 310

I’ve never seen a body so emaciated. Out of curiosity, I’ve just looked at pics of British prisoners held by the Japanese. They look way ‘fatter.’

Bed bathed and dressed for the ambulance at around 10am. Bed stripped, and second wash in. First wash pegged out.

Sorry for venting but it’s been a crap weekend…

*Sigh*

RIP big man…

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Was phoned last night by a good client of mine who I often pop in to see and have a cuppa with.
He sadly lost his wife and doesn't know how he can carry on without her.
He is one of the few remaining D-Day heroes and he's just lost the love of his life and will will really struggle to cope.

They got married in 1950!
In some ways this should be in the gladden the heart thread.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Two parts -
Was at Celtic Manor yesterday evening, and whilst it was pleasant looking out over a sunny golf course, I didn't have clubs, nor time.

Had a hotel fire alarm go off (was staying off site), so stood outside in the wee hours!
Tired now, but at least it wasn't raining I suppose.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right thread but is the closest without starting a new one.
Visiting Krakow this week and went to Auschwitz today. I thought I could understand the scale of the atrocities there but when I saw the piles of shoes from the victims it really hit home. Most shocking was the massive pile of human hair which was going to be sold to fabric manufacturers- 1kg of hair was about 20-25 victims

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right thread but is the closest without starting a new one.
Visiting Krakow this week and went to Auschwitz today. I thought I could understand the scale of the atrocities there but when I saw the piles of shoes from the victims it really hit home. Most shocking was the massive pile of human hair which was going to be sold to fabric manufacturers- 1kg of hair was about 20-25 victims

I follow Auschwitz Memorial on Twitter. Each day they post up a number of bio’s of prisoners that had been there, many of which died there. They also do a two hour-ish video tour. And there’s various article published by them on their site. It’s beyond horrific.

4LEX

Visit site
eBay scammers.

Someone tried to claim the item hadn't been received even when there's tracking and a picture of the item being delivered. No doubt these people buy loads of items a week and claim they haven't received them in the hope that in 10-20% of cases they get away with it.