Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A week of pretty much plain sailing with this room make over. Knew today would be the day

Radiator pipe work doesn't line up. My mates on it. Reckons will set us back about 3 hours

Just not ideal , he's off to get his blow torch lol 😂

Immense pride, showed the man in the plumbing shop he said will have to go under floor to fix

My mate was going to do something slightly different with a fix .. involved cutting

Never plumbed in my life but I suggested why don't we just turn the valves and get an elbow that fits that gap

All up and running 💪

Set back 3 hours between plumbing shop trips and back to my mates to get his gear

But I feel great that Muppet number 1 (me) solved it lol 🤣

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Immense pride, showed the man in the plumbing shop he said will have to go under floor to fix

My mate was going to do something slightly different with a fix .. involved cutting

Never plumbed in my life but I suggested why don't we just turn the valves and get an elbow that fits that gap

All up and running 💪

Set back 3 hours between plumbing shop trips and back to my mates to get his gear

But I feel great that Muppet number 1 (me) solved it lol 🤣
It's a great feeling to do something you hadn't done before and didn't think you could do. Well done. (y)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
An email from one of my savings providers telling me they are reducing the rate payable on my account. This despite there being no change in the Bank of England base rate since August last year.

I’ve replied asking what their justification is. Not holding my breath.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The sheer volume of roadworks going on in and around our town.....
It feels like you can't drive half a mile without encountering some....
I know Aylesbury is a depressing place but do they really have to dig it up completely..?

Billysboots

Visit site
The sheer volume of roadworks going on in and around our town.....
It feels like you can't drive half a mile without encountering some....
I know Aylesbury is a depressing place but do they really have to dig it up completely..?

I drove down the M1 from Sheffield to Nottingham yesterday and there are two separate sections where lane one is closed for roadworks, a total distance of about 28 miles with a 50mph speed limit in force.

Only three areas where there is actually any work underway, totalling a few hundred yards at most.

I get that they need to plan ahead and prepare, but really?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I drove down the M1 from Sheffield to Nottingham yesterday and there are two separate sections where lane one is closed for roadworks, a total distance of about 28 miles with a 50mph speed limit in force.

Only three areas where there is actually any work underway, totalling a few hundred yards at most.

It’s been like that for weeks and weeks.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

When we drove back from Cannock on Monday after going on the toll onto the main m6 you can see the state of it from there until the M1 - that’s going to need a lot of work and no doubt a lot of roadworks

We have had the MK to Northampton as roadworks for a couple of years and now it’s edging its way up the M1 north

Going to work I can round the Black Cat - that’s about to start about 3 years of work to turn it into a flyover then a bypass around St Neots - that’s not going to be pretty

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tash your last paragraph about “ figurative language “ got me thinking about a song I have by an old blues man called Elder Roma Wilson.

The song is called Give me my flowers while I live.

Goggle it and have a listen think it might resonate with you.
Won £11 today at the golf. Well actually it was £10 and 1 euro. Bought Missis T some flowers with me winnings on the way home. Bought 2 x 5 packs of crème eggs for £1.25 fo me from Farm foods.

Billysboots

Visit site
When we drove back from Cannock on Monday after going on the toll onto the main m6 you can see the state of it from there until the M1 - that’s going to need a lot of work and no doubt a lot of roadworks

We have had the MK to Northampton as roadworks for a couple of years and now it’s edging its way up the M1 north

Going to work I can round the Black Cat - that’s about to start about 3 years of work to turn it into a flyover then a bypass around St Neots - that’s not going to be pretty

Sadly, I also get to sit on the M1 in Bedfordshire on a regular basis, so am equally familiar with those roadworks. I have spotted some average speed camera equipment being installed as far north as south Leicestershire, so have no doubt they’ll extend the works northwards quite soon.

Maybe they’ll simply join up with those in Nottinghamshire so they can irritate everyone from Sheffield to Luton.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So there's huge traffic issues in East Kent and particularly the Roads around Dover with the A20 motorway being once again lumbered with the traffic chaos that is "Operation Brock" only to be made worse when the French change the ID process of crossing the Channel very soon.

So last weekend Mrs d and I did a short cruise, Southampton to Amsterdam and Bruges and back, and at neither of these two lovely E U stops were we required to show our passports when leaving or returning to the ship. Perhaps we should close the Channel crossings and build a new one to land in Belgium, given that the French don't care for us at all!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So last weekend Mrs d and I did a short cruise, Southampton to Amsterdam and Bruges and back, and at neither of these two lovely E U stops were we required to show our passports when leaving or returning to the ship. Perhaps we should close the Channel crossings and build a new one to land in Belgium, given that the French don't care for us at all!

Where was your passport checked and stamped? Was it in Southampton before you boarded the cruise? And did you then get checked and stamped again on your return to Southampton?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So there's huge traffic issues in East Kent and particularly the Roads around Dover with the A20 motorway being once again lumbered with the traffic chaos that is "Operation Brock" only to be made worse when the French change the ID process of crossing the Channel very soon.

A bit like getting your passport stamped before boarding Eurostar in London. You are technically in Europe once on the cruise

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Where was your passport checked and stamped? Was it in Southampton before you boarded the cruise? And did you then get checked and stamped again on your return to Southampton?
It was checked at Southampton on arrival for the cruise, but never looked at again at any time during the cruise. On stops at other EU countries we've cruised to, especially when we were in the EU, our passports were always checked when leaving the dock.