Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree. It just doesn't work is it's so delayed and difficult to understand. I don't think it makes us bad people. Or at least less so than those that pretend to think it's funny just to be pc...
This is the thing with her. She's done amazingly to overcome her condition and achieve what she has, but timing is important in comedy, and unfortunately for her I think it ruins her jokes. I do wonder if anyone genuinely thinks she is funny, or whether it's just a human condition thing where they have positive feelings towards what she's achieved and they confuse that with humour when it's not.

I suppose it will be interesting though as I'm sure some of the tasks will need to be modified to give her a sporting chance, i.e. anything that's time limited and involves anything physical. It could still be funny as long as Greg is equally harsh on her as he is with everyone else, but I suspect he'll cut her some slack. 😄

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Got back from a week's holiday last night. Cut the grass the day before we left. It is now about 9 inches high. I've never known grass grow the way it has this year. Off to do battle with it now.
We have an artificial lawn so have none of this. ;)
But our estate is managed by factors and we have a new company to keep the grass areas trimmed. They've not been doing it properly and the whole area looks a mess. The residents are not happy. It's partly their own fault as this is about the 7th company in 15 years of the estate, and there is always somebody who moans and then eventually gets fed up and goes away.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
We have an artificial lawn so have none of this. ;)
But our estate is managed by factors and we have a new company to keep the grass areas trimmed. They've not been doing it properly and the whole area looks a mess. The residents are not happy. It's partly their own fault as this is about the 7th company in 15 years of the estate, and there is always somebody who moans and then eventually gets fed up and goes away.
Is it part of "No Mow May" ? I think that's my councils reason for letting everywhere go wild!

I think it followed "Can't be Arsed April" and next month its "just leave it June" 😄

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
A comedians new dates are out to buy tickets OVER 12 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!! No not that comedian either. Now I'm sure it's not him that's putting them out there its probably the venue.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Because you can’t .. it needs to be on if you are making a presentation or on a different teams call, you can set it at DND and hope people don’t ping
But you weren't making a presentation, you were working quietly. It's not software I use but, surely, there's an off-switch? Or, if no off-switch, maybe just kill the process if you are working quietly?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry everyone... i have to apologise to everyone incl the young Greta..

.. I have figured out the reason for Global Warming..

Pesky teenagers running the central heating in my house, while the windows and doors are open. We must be heating the planet, esp with that gas bill...

Sorry everyone..
You must know my daughter. She is the same.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
A good friends father in law was the victim of a rogue NHS doctor attack a few months ago, I vaguely knew about it but he told me the finer details the other day.
Insane is putting it lightly.
It made the news up here but it wasn’t really a massive story and was quickly pushed aside, I’m guessing it will be big news when the trial starts 😮

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
A good friends father in law was the victim of a rogue NHS doctor attack a few months ago, I vaguely knew about it but he told me the finer details the other day.
Insane is putting it lightly.
It made the news up here but it wasn’t really a massive story and was quickly pushed aside, I’m guessing it will be big news when the trial starts 😮
Can you link the story?

Friend of ours had his gall bladder out on the NHS, “doctor” completely bodged it, nearly killed him. Turns out the Dr wasn’t actually qualified, he bolted back to Africa and our friend got a six figure payout. Rightly, as it’s absolutely ruined him physically.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you link the story?

Friend of ours had his gall bladder out on the NHS, “doctor” completely bodged it, nearly killed him. Turns out the Dr wasn’t actually qualified, he bolted back to Africa and our friend got a six figure payout. Rightly, as it’s absolutely ruined him physically.
How on earth did he get a job here as a surgeon. Who the hell checks that these people are actually qualified? Nobody by the looks of things. Maybe I’ll apply for a job as an airline pilot tomorrow 🤣

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can you link the story?

This guy is a genuine doctor, making chemical weapons at home 🤯