Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Getting messages over the weekend form the bank to say we are overdrawn by a few pence when in reality we aren't and it is down to the banking system being unable to show money being transferred by standing orders over a weekend. As this process is fully computerised and doesn't need anyone to press a button, why is this still happening in the modern day?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not on phone - up in a separate window on PC and unless they can see through walls hard to tell what screen I have open. Waiting on people to pick up a phone to provide additional information so couldn't go any further at that point. Better luck next time sherlock. Now on a break
my son is in computing.
He can look on other people's computers remotely to check what they are doing.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Getting messages over the weekend form the bank to say we are overdrawn by a few pence when in reality we aren't and it is down to the banking system being unable to show money being transferred by standing orders over a weekend. As this process is fully computerised and doesn't need anyone to press a button, why is this still happening in the modern day?
They've got to send the tapes in the post to the computer centre. So blame Royal Mail.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Getting the car washed on a bright sunny day only for the weather to stick its finger up and p155 down an hour later.

Mother Nature, the ultimate woman who you will never win against! 😡

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A week or so ago one of my passwords was compromised.. well reported it was , done weeks before ofc

I changed all the passwords that use it. Very old log ins

Got to taste changing all 250 of my passwords in my manager etc with random generators etc

The websites that won't allow their passwords "this password is too long" are just making the whole process take far to long

Only 70 odd left to change tho and only 30 of them will be changed