Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a skip delivered yesterday and spent the day digging and moving approx 5 tonnes of clay heavy soil from the garden to the skip using a shovel and a wheelbarrow. Today was spent moving 3 tonnes of topsoil back into the garden, again with the shovel and wheelbarrow, and raking it to level the ground before laying turf tomorrow morning. The irritation is that within 10 minutes of finishing raking the topsoil level our dog decided to go out and go mental in the garden, focussing on the area that I'd been working on, and then two of the neighbours cats deciding that my newly levelled and raked area was a perfect litter tray.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
A couple of years ago 6 of us went to London to watch the Foo Fighters, unfortunately the gig got cancelled but we still went anyway. One of the couples hijacked the weekend and invited 4 of their other friends along and then decided to arrange a load of stuff between them, we still had a good time but both me and the missus were a bit miffed so did our own thing on the Saturday.
So we are going to London again in a couple of weeks to see the Foos, turns out this couple have again invited their friends for the Saturday, how we are all gong to meet up with them and have a great time :mad: Btw this weekend is for my wifes 50th and it was supposed to be a pretty special trip.
Turns out my cousin is visiting my brother that weekend so we've arranged to meet them in London on the Saturday afternoon instead.
Rant over!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
A couple of years ago 6 of us went to London to watch the Foo Fighters, unfortunately the gig got cancelled but we still went anyway. One of the couples hijacked the weekend and invited 4 of their other friends along and then decided to arrange a load of stuff between them, we still had a good time but both me and the missus were a bit miffed so did our own thing on the Saturday.
So we are going to London again in a couple of weeks to see the Foos, turns out this couple have again invited their friends for the Saturday, how we are all gong to meet up with them and have a great time :mad: Btw this weekend is for my wifes 50th and it was supposed to be a pretty special trip.
Turns out my cousin is visiting my brother that weekend so we've arranged to meet them in London on the Saturday afternoon instead.
Rant over!

Which BBQ place are you going to go to?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rant over!

That would really irritate and I would 100% not engage with their other mates...do your own thing. They may take the hint, may understand or may just think you're unsociable gits. Either way you'll have a better time.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
That would really irritate and I would 100% not engage with their other mates...do your own thing. They may take the hint, may understand or may just think you're unsociable gits. Either way you'll have a better time.

Their other friends are nice people but they're really loud and sort of take over everything, it also spoils the dynamic between the 6 of us.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Their other friends are nice people but they're really loud and sort of take over everything, it also spoils the dynamic between the 6 of us.

It does seem rude that you book as a 6 and they change that dynamic. I guess they don't see it that way and probably think their other friends are the life and soul of the party so hey who wouldn't want them around...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Rant over!

I remember you posting up when this happened previously.

So these friends of yours are actually more interested in their friends…? I’d be miffed too. Who invited these friends this time, and who hasn’t learned from last time? Just asking…

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I remember you posting up when this happened previously.

So these friends of yours are actually more interested in their friends…? I’d be miffed too. Who invited these friends this time, and who hasn’t learned from last time? Just asking…

I invited them as it’s the wife’s birthday and we generally always do things like this as a sextet. There’s 4 in the group who love the Foo Fighters so it made sense we all go together again. I won’t be arranging stuff with them in the future as it’s twice I’ve been burned now.

Edit.
Apparently we are all watching the F1 race on the Sunday afternoon now. I don’t really like F1 🤦🏻

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I invited them as it’s the wife’s birthday and we generally always do things like this as a sextet. There’s 4 in the group who love the Foo Fighters so it made sense we all go together again. I won’t be arranging stuff with them in the future as it’s twice I’ve been burned now.

Edit.
Apparently we are all watching the F1 race on the Sunday afternoon now. I don’t really like F1 🤦🏻
Will you be allowed to wear your huffy face 😂

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Edit.

Just keep saying that F1 is a fix...