Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Even though we've had 3 weeks of very little rain and a number of days of decently warm weather....
A couple of days of rain and the flood warnings are out again..
Shows how high the water table is still......

Don't worry, in two or three weeks we'll be getting drought warnings and hosepipe bans. (y)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Central heating kicked in this morning !!! in July!!!

Son had an away cricket match... one our drive with an early start. Lots of rain yesterday, but they decided to go ahead as they had covers and no overnight rain. Got to the ground, still wet outfield. match reduced to 20 overs. Fielding first. Got the opposition on the ropes for 60/6 off 17 overs. Then it starts raining. Match called off by opposition. On the drive back, it is a Californian sunshine..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Price of apple products...

Looking to replace a 8 year or so iPad.. iPad air in UK £599... same device in US.. $599. Today costco is doing a Indy day discount on that too..
Why would you buy in the UK if the same product is 20% more expensive???

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
On our Holls in East Devon…. Wish it would stop raining!☹️
Be thankful you're only there for a holiday.
I live in East Devon and the rain we've had over the last year or so has been utterly depressing. Seems like the golf course was closed for about 50% of days between November and April. (I'm probably exaggerating, but that's what it felt like)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Be thankful you're only there for a holiday.
I live in East Devon and the rain we've had over the last year or so has been utterly depressing. Seems like the golf course was closed for about 50% of days between November and April. (I'm probably exaggerating, but that's what it felt like)

I’m hoping to squeeze a round in at Axe cliffe over the next couple of weeks but the forecast is not great!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Price of apple products...

Looking to replace a 8 year or so iPad.. iPad air in UK £599... same device in US.. $599. Today costco is doing a Indy day discount on that too..
Why would you buy in the UK if the same product is 20% more expensive???

€699 in Spain = £593… from Apple. One of the franchise shops in Almeria has it at €639 = £543.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you played there before?
Not one of my favourite courses in the area!
WRT Axecliff:
Played there once at the beginning of this year. Only because it stays dry underfoot when everywhere else is sodden. I doubt I’ll ever go back. Just too many blind shots for me. There are some much better courses down that way.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
At the moment it’s warm sunshine one minute then soon after there’s a downpour…then back to sunshine…then showers…how’s a chap to decide whether or not to go for a few holes…🙃🤷‍♂️

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you played there before?
Not one of my favourite courses in the area!
Yes a few times as @srixon 1 says it can be confusing but I’ve played it enough to find my way around, the place is friendly and easy to get onto and it drains well.

I did consider your place, we are staying in Stockland but I’m not sure if it is any of the above?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes a few times as @srixon 1 says it can be confusing but I’ve played it enough to find my way around, the place is friendly and easy to get onto and it drains well.

I did consider your place, we are staying in Stockland but I’m not sure if it is any of the above?
Honiton is certainly friendly and surprisingly level. Generally has very good greens. Also seems to drain a bit better than other clay based courses in the area. (But we still had a shocking winter).

Best draining course in the general area is Dawlish - a proper links. But at this time of year you don't need to worry about drainage.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anyone with experience cooking with an AGA?

There is one in our holiday rental, I watched a few videos and looked at the Mary Berry book, thought I knew what I was doing…..Sunday lunch was supposed to be at 6.

Still waiting 😆

Obviously not a real irritation… we have snacks. 😁