Random Irritations

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Footballers covering their mouths when talking.
another American import .... NFL is full of opposition using lip readers to read what the coaches are saying and trying to 'get ahead of the play'... Not sure our footy setup is bright enough or we change tactics every 5 mins to necessitate that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
another American import .... NFL is full of opposition using lip readers to read what the coaches are saying and trying to 'get ahead of the play'... Not sure our footy setup is bright enough or we change tactics every 5 mins to necessitate that.
I don't think it is often about tactics in the case of football. They just want to chat with team mates and opposition players without it being lip read and posted all over social media. Someone overhead TTA talking about a penalty taker on Saturday and that was splurged everywhere. Can't blame them for doing this.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I remember watching an NFL all star game (or whatever it is called) and the coaches were covering their mouths like they do in regular games - seemingly unaware their comments were being broadcast to the crowds

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think it is often about tactics in the case of football. They just want to chat with team mates and opposition players without it being lip read and posted all over social media. Someone overhead TTA talking about a penalty taker on Saturday and that was splurged everywhere. Can't blame them for doing this.
Exactly what I thought. They may look silly covering their mouths but they can't say anything without the gutter press turning it into a story nowadays. I don't really blame them.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Social media is full of professional lip readers now and everyone is looking for something to make a story

Arthur Wedge

Visit site