Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it just me or does everyone drive so slowly? Getting anywhere feels like it takes ages as you immediately come up to a queue of traffic going 20 in a 30, 30 in a 40, 40 in a 60…

Worse than that are the drivers that drive at 40 regardless of the speed limit. In a 60 zone and they're doing 40. Limit changes to 40 and they're doing 40. It then drops to 30 but they're still doing 40. These people should be rounded up and shot in front of their families.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Borough is south of the Thames, Camden is North...or is there 2 Borough's?
No just one. Borough Market is south of the Thames. I think @Beezerk is staying NE London so Camden is easier.

Another really nice place to go on a Sunday is Greenwich/ Greenwich market, lots of stalls, lots of history, great park and great views. (My tip would be park on the Isle of Dogs and walk through the foot tunnel)

RichA

Visit site
Staying at Dad's house in Notts while he's in hospital. Drying myself after a shower, I noticed red smudges all over my white towel and had a slightly alarmed 5 minutes trying to figure out where the catastrophic bleed was coming from. Found nothing.

Just went back into the bathroom and noticed flakes of rust on the floor under the heated towel rail. 🤦‍♂️😬

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A couple of years ago 6 of us went to London to watch the Foo Fighters, unfortunately the gig got cancelled but we still went anyway. One of the couples hijacked the weekend and invited 4 of their other friends along and then decided to arrange a load of stuff between them, we still had a good time but both me and the missus were a bit miffed so did our own thing on the Saturday.
So we are going to London again in a couple of weeks to see the Foos, turns out this couple have again invited their friends for the Saturday, how we are all gong to meet up with them and have a great time :mad: Btw this weekend is for my wifes 50th and it was supposed to be a pretty special trip.
Turns out my cousin is visiting my brother that weekend so we've arranged to meet them in London on the Saturday afternoon instead.
Rant over!
Twice bitten once shy.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Buildings insurance renewal cost :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

just had that - has doubled in 3 years. I di shop around but every body was higher then exsting company

The car has been even worse - more then double last years price, the shopping in around will now start but from comments generally I am worried.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it just me or does everyone drive so slowly? Getting anywhere feels like it takes ages as you immediately come up to a queue of traffic going 20 in a 30, 30 in a 40, 40 in a 60…
no it is not you.

Lots of the roads round here going in to town have a 60mph speed limit, seems more and more more are happy to drive at under 40 mph even when there is long line of cars behind them.

What annoys me the most is how many also want to drive down the middle of the road stopping cars from overtaking.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No just one. Borough Market is south of the Thames. I think @Beezerk is staying NE London so Camden is easier.

Another really nice place to go on a Sunday is Greenwich/ Greenwich market, lots of stalls, lots of history, great park and great views. (My tip would be park on the Isle of Dogs and walk through the foot tunnel)
Just round the corner from Borough Market is The Clink.....Londons first prison I believe it is.
The National Maritime museum is also a good visit at Greenwich.
Many times growing up we went to Greenwich and onto the Cutty Sark, long before the fire.

RichA

Visit site
BMW and tyres. Again.
Low pressure warning this morning and a screw embedded in one of the tyres. It's a 5-Series, so there are thousands of them on the road but nobody ever has the tyres in stock.
And it's the weekend.
And I'm 130 miles from home.
Seriously considering ditching this brilliant car just because of the constant drama with tyres and getting a Focus with a spare wheel.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
just had that - has doubled in 3 years. I di shop around but every body was higher then exsting company

The car has been even worse - more then double last years price, the shopping in around will now start but from comments generally I am worried.

The car insurance hasn't been an issue for us at all. Very minimal increases.

I've to sort out the buildings cover today though so it's out of the way. so far the prices with Top Cash Back are still the best so at least I should get some cashback as well.

Wasn't that long ago we were only paying £50 for unlimited buildings cover.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BMW and tyres. Again.
Low pressure warning this morning and a screw embedded in one of the tyres. It's a 5-Series, so there are thousands of them on the road but nobody ever has the tyres in stock.
And it's the weekend.
Seriously considering ditching this brilliant car just because of the constant drama with tyres and getting a Focus with a spare wheel.
Can you not get the screw removed and the tyre repaired , if it's in the main tread area?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just round the corner from Borough Market is The Clink.....Londons first prison I believe it is.
The National Maritime museum is also a good visit at Greenwich.
Many times growing up we went to Greenwich and onto the Cutty Sark, long before the fire.
Ditto, when you used to be able to go down inside the dry dock right underneath the ship.

RichA

Visit site
Can you not get the screw removed and the tyre repaired , if it's in the main tread area?
Being done by Mr Tyre as I type. Although no guarantee as run flats aren't supposed to be repaired, apparently. The first 3 places I phoned didn't have stock and refused to even try to repair.
I think ditching run flats in favour of conventional tyres and relying on puncture repair inflation juice stuff might be the way forward for me with this car.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being done by Mr Tyre as I type. Although no guarantee as run flats aren't supposed to be repaired, apparently. The first 3 places I phoned didn't have stock and refused to even try to repair.
I think ditching run flats in favour of conventional tyres and relying on puncture repair inflation juice stuff might be the way forward for me with this car.

I do find that very frustrating, when shops don't have ANY Of a size in stock just to tide you over .

When I had my 3 series the previous owner had put on silly 19 inch schnitzer (spelling) alloys. They loved kerbs lol only had to look at one and bamn marked .. anyways the ride was horrible .. I found some X3 17 inch alloys..stuck spacers on them to get them to the same size and stuck normal 17 inch tyres on. Ride comfort improved and much easier to get tyres

Sometimes less isn't more..more is more..thicker tyres please lol 🤣

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
BMW and tyres. Again.
And it's the weekend.
First thing I did on both the 3 and the 8 was to get the run flats replaced. Terrible invention. I now have two cans of tyre weld in both cars.

Run flat cost for the 8er was £360. Non run flat equivalent £210, can of tyre weld £15… no brainer.

If the run flat has been driven on whilst flat then they can’t repair it. The inside of the tyre breaks up as you drive and you get loads of little rubber ‘beads’ inside. The tyre is now compromised.

If you noticed it but didn’t drive on it and took the wheel to the repairer then they might (just maybe) repair it if there are none of the rubber beads rattling about inside.