Random Irritations

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
(not aimed at anyone)

Ppl who get irked because they don't want to pay the standard price for something but are also irked that they need to put some effort into getting a discount ;)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mobile phone signal being rolled out on the Underground. Got a phone call from MrsA while travelling through a tunnel on the Victoria Line this morning.
My only sanctuary gone!

Verily did I chortle. I’ve not seen my phone for 6 weeks. It used to be welded to me when I worked. I gave up having it with me. Drives Mrs H nuts.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Refund policies :mad:
Stayed in a Premier Inn last month and we cancelled breakfast on the last morning as we had other plans. The hotel staff cocked up the refund (blamed on a 'new' system so had to ring customer services. They eventually sorted it and said they have processed the refund. I was told this would take up to 15 days, despite my payments to Premier Inn coming out of my account the same day. It is now 14 days since they processed the refund and still no money. Why do they say 'up to' when they know they will be doing it last minute?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Refund policies :mad:
Stayed in a Premier Inn last month and we cancelled breakfast on the last morning as we had other plans. The hotel staff cocked up the refund (blamed on a 'new' system so had to ring customer services. They eventually sorted it and said they have processed the refund. I was told this would take up to 15 days, despite my payments to Premier Inn coming out of my account the same day. It is now 14 days since they processed the refund and still no money. Why do they say 'up to' when they know they will be doing it last minute?

Doesn’t lessen the irritation but inbound payments for stuff like that are fully automated, a refund will often be manually processed and (rightly or wrongly) they’re often not 'keyed in' each day.
They may even need to go through sign-off or validation checks by someone else who may only receive a batch of them every few days and then they themselves only process them once every few days... and before you know it a fortnight has passed

Again, not saying its right but its why they don't go through as quick as when the payment was taken from you

Hope it comes through soon

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Doesn’t lessen the irritation but inbound payments for stuff like that are fully automated, a refund will often be manually processed and (rightly or wrongly) they’re often not 'keyed in' each day.
They may even need to go through sign-off or validation checks by someone else who may only receive a batch of them every few days and then they themselves only process them once every few days... and before you know it a fortnight has passed

Again, not saying its right but its why they don't go through as quick as when the payment was taken from you

Hope it comes through soon
I know what you are saying, the help desk gave me loads of reasons why the payments out took longer than the payments in - seems strange how they have sorted the system to receive money so it works instantly but they aren't so bothered about the slow system the other way :mad:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch's insurance company have threatened to cancel her car insurance policy because she didn't tell them that the car had been written off. This is the same insurance company that wrote the car off, paid out on the policy, returned the car to her and told her that it wouldn't affect her policy or premiums.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I know what you are saying, the help desk gave me loads of reasons why the payments out took longer than the payments in - seems strange how they have sorted the system to receive money so it works instantly but they aren't so bothered about the slow system the other way :mad:

Yeah it’ll be a number crunching thing I suppose
With 800 hotels if they give the ‘power’ to refund locally that’s (at least) 800 ppl who can process refunds with a team in finance office needed to do validation check and prevent fraud/theft (plus I guarantee the number of refunds will increase as the power is liberally used & abused)

If centralised or partially centralised it’ll maybe just be one or two ppl and it wont even be their main job… but it takes that much longer. Independent hotel and a refund would likely be done same day

The never ending list of +/- of national & international companies V’s having independent traders, in everything from shops to insurance to hotels etc

simsini

Visit site
When I eat my Weetabix in 3s, but my wife decides she wants to start eating them too and has them in 2s. There is never the right number left at the end of the box. :mad:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Labels
If a label is supposed to be removable the clue is in the 8th word of this sentence......
Rip strips
The clue is in the name.....
This is not rocket science.........

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have not sold any clubs on ebay for years .

Sold a high value set yesterday.

When I went to do the postage labels on EVRI first could not get their site to work for drop off at a shop.

Then after about an hour of trying a work around found out that EVRI has added golf clubs to their items that are excluded from their compensation list.

The weird thing is that I ended up doing it via Paclink and they would insure them.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Ooh, I love these people because they give me the opportunity to move their trolly and then see the look on their face when their trolly has magically disappeared ................................. usually just round a corner!
Likewise. Or moving the trolley of those people who put it sideways on in the aisle when stopping to look at something on a shelf, and then give you "a look" when you move it out of the way.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Not really.
When I do get a substitute, which is very rare, if I don't want it I send it back.
I certainly don't moan about shopping from the comfort of my arm chair, rather than wasting 2 hours going shopping.
And I definitely do not go anywhere near a supermarket on a Saturday.
We do shopping in the supermarket as the "best before" and "use by" dates vary so much that you have to dig for the longer ones, which are always at the back. I've seen the pickers for home delivery, they just grab whatever is at the front.

And another complaint. "Best Before" and "Use By". I only use them as guidelines but if the food looks and tastes OK, I'll eat or drink it anyway.
My missus, on the other hand, will not touch anything after the date. I try to explain that there is a degree of safety they put into these dates and they won't go mouldy one day after the date, but she won't have it. 🙄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We do shopping in the supermarket as the "best before" and "use by" dates vary so much that you have to dig for the longer ones, which are always at the back. I've seen the pickers for home delivery, they just grab whatever is at the front.

And another complaint. "Best Before" and "Use By". I only use them as guidelines but if the food looks and tastes OK, I'll eat or drink it anyway.
My missus, on the other hand, will not touch anything after the date. I try to explain that there is a degree of safety they put into these dates and they won't go mouldy one day after the date, but she won't have it. 🙄
Precisely this. Can't use the home deliveries unless you want a loaf of bread that goes off tomorrow, a pint of milk that goes off by the weekend, veg that's on its last legs, etc.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Totally this. I need to dig to get the decent use by dates so as my weekly shop is good for the week. Also like to see what is on offer or looks good and plan the recipes for the week based on that. I do not seem to be able to do that as well when looking at a screen.