Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Precisely this. Can't use the home deliveries unless you want a loaf of bread that goes off tomorrow, a pint of milk that goes off by the weekend, veg that's on its last legs, etc.
There are some things I will buy in the shops, but I've got a big freezer so milk, bread, mince, tinned foods etc aren't a problem.
I still won't go near Tesco at the weekend

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Home delivery or pick up at store you can set up best before dates etc and it alerts you if anything is close and you can swap out

We use the pick up slots on a Monday but will pop into the shops during the week for anything else - the daughter likes to push the trolley 😂

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That guy in the office that always has a better story than everyone else. It grates on me so much i'm thinking of making up a story that happened to me just to see if he tries to top it.

We have one in the pub now called Elevenerife after someone saw the nickname on social media. If you had been to Tenerife then he would have been to Elevenerife

Morfeen75

Visit site
We have one in the pub now called Elevenerife after someone saw the nickname on social media. If you had been to Tenerife then he would have been to Elevenerife
Oh my!! Bloody genius , i may have to use that one.

This particular guy just seems to have experienced everything without leaving Surrey in his entire life.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Walter Mittys
We have one as well at our place. Golf related it is easy to pull holes in some of his stories and he'll get ultra defensive. He didn't get the reference at the weekend sitting on the patio during club champs when six or seven doing the old playground "Jimmy Hill" scratching our chins

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Refund policies :mad:
Stayed in a Premier Inn last month and we cancelled breakfast on the last morning as we had other plans. The hotel staff cocked up the refund (blamed on a 'new' system so had to ring customer services. They eventually sorted it and said they have processed the refund. I was told this would take up to 15 days, despite my payments to Premier Inn coming out of my account the same day. It is now 14 days since they processed the refund and still no money. Why do they say 'up to' when they know they will be doing it last minute?
On day 16, if it hasn't been refunded, email all the correspondence to the credit card company and ask for the payment to be reversed.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll forward your suggestion on to my line manager. ;)
I worked in the days pre email.

I had one of those 3 tier trays in- out - pending.

The pending stuff often stayed in there for months. I would wait until I got a second request to deal with it. Once in there for a certain amount of time it was discarded.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I worked in the days pre email.

I had one of those 3 tier trays in- out - pending.

The pending stuff often stayed in there for months. I would wait until I got a second request to deal with it. Once in there for a certain amount of time it was discarded.
My colleague in the purchasing dept had a tray entitled Where the Sun don't shine....so he could tell people where to stick it...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shopping web sites that bombard you with emails when you leave them. 'did you forget something' 'we have saved your basket for you' 'your basket is about to expire' and even on one 'click here to teleport back to your basket at no extra cost'. I went to your site, I looked at a few things, I decided not to buy from you LEAVE ME ALONE. Imagine this in real life as you are chased around a shopping mall by a sale assistant constantly asking you if you are sure there was nothing you wanted from their shop.

RichA

Visit site
Where I'm from the expression to describe this person is, "If you've had a 🟡 he's had a 🟤."
Or at work, in reference to a garden related conversation during the Prescott era, they are known as "Two sheds."

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch's insurance company have threatened to cancel her car insurance policy because she didn't tell them that the car had been written off. This is the same insurance company that wrote the car off, paid out on the policy, returned the car to her and told her that it wouldn't affect her policy or premiums.
That's the sort of thing you should be raising with the "That's Life" team....they would love that story.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch's insurance company have threatened to cancel her car insurance policy because she didn't tell them that the car had been written off. This is the same insurance company that wrote the car off, paid out on the policy, returned the car to her and told her that it wouldn't affect her policy or premiums.
Make an official complaint to them.
Them cancelling an insurance policy has severe ramifications going forward.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Shopping web sites that bombard you with emails when you leave them. 'did you forget something' 'we have saved your basket for you' 'your basket is about to expire' and even on one 'click here to teleport back to your basket at no extra cost'. I went to your site, I looked at a few things, I decided not to buy from you LEAVE ME ALONE. Imagine this in real life as you are chased around a shopping mall by a sale assistant constantly asking you if you are sure there was nothing you wanted from their shop.
You need to give them all a unique email address so you can delete, block or send them into a separate folder in you email system.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Inflamed Achilles tendon. Start a game of bowls without any problem. After half a doz ends it’s pulling and painful. Very painful by the end of the game, including the lower calf. Currently sat with a bag of ice. Old footballing injury from the early 80’s - was out for months back then. Second time it’s happened in recent years.

RichA

Visit site
Inflamed Achilles tendon. Start a game of bowls without any problem. After half a doz ends it’s pulling and painful. Very painful by the end of the game, including the lower calf. Currently sat with a bag of ice. Old footballing injury from the early 80’s - was out for months back then. Second time it’s happened in recent years.
Maybe it's time for a lower impact sport.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Acupuncture is your friend, you just need to find them:)