Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Inflamed Achilles tendon. Start a game of bowls without any problem. After half a doz ends it’s pulling and painful. Very painful by the end of the game, including the lower calf. Currently sat with a bag of ice. Old footballing injury from the early 80’s - was out for months back then. Second time it’s happened in recent years.

I use something like this . Makes a big difference

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Main stream Media report that stones were thrown at two motor cyclists on NC 500 tourist route.
Scots public up in arms, saying we should be welcoming visiting tourists, disgraceful stuff, letting Scotland down etc etc

Reality.....Two local motor cyclists were taking photos of illegally parked campervans on a local beauty spot and the damage/vandalism caused by their occupants.
The tourists then chucked stones at the locals, hitting one on the head [luckily he had his helmet on]

There is generally two sides to any story

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Shocking lane discipline on motorways, and the more lanes there are, the worse it gets. I drove up from Surrey this weekend and at times I was the only person on the inside lane. The amount of people that stayed in lanes 2 & 3 at 60mph was ridiculous, either forcing everyone into the outside lane to overtake, or to undertake illegally. Whatever happened to the campaign to stop middle lane hoggers?

Oh, and people who think that indicating means they can immediately pull out, irrespective who is in the lane they want to pull into.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shocking lane discipline on motorways, and the more lanes there are, the worse it gets. I drove up from Surrey this weekend and at times I was the only person on the inside lane. The amount of people that stayed in lanes 2 & 3 at 60mph was ridiculous, either forcing everyone into the outside lane to overtake, or to undertake illegally. Whatever happened to the campaign to stop middle lane hoggers?

Oh, and people who think that indicating means they can immediately pull out, irrespective who is in the lane they want to pull into.
I would argue if you are in the inside lane doing a steady speed and don’t change lane or speed up you aren’t doing an illegal,manoeuvre passing them on the inside, especially if you still stay in the inside lane after passing them and don’t speed or slow up
If your lane is going at a faster rate, you aren’t breaking any laws.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I would argue if you are in the inside lane doing a steady speed and don’t change lane or speed up you aren’t doing an illegal,manoeuvre passing them on the inside, especially if you still stay in the inside lane after passing them and don’t speed or slow up
The Highway Code advises differently. I think the issue is that a lot of people are not aware of the rules of the Highway Code.
Highway Code Motorway Rules
Highway Code Lane Discipline
Highway Code Overtaking

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That only applies when all lanes are moving slowly, such as when you have been told to stay in lane.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I remember once travelling down one motorway in the early hours of the morning on the inside lane doing 70 with no cars in front or behind me most of the way.
There was a set of headlights behind me on the outside lane and the car passed me and just stayed there.
I had to smile.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Next doors hated neighbours finally having a monster tree hacked back, not cut down unfortunately. Also company that got rid of the lower branches leaving a mess on the pavement outside ours, not out neighbours. If it's not gone by the time I get home it will be swept up onto their side. 😡

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are some things I will buy in the shops, but I've got a big freezer so milk, bread, mince, tinned foods etc aren't a problem.
I still won't go near Tesco at the weekend
Our big Tesco have recently had a m and s food hall, brand new Aldi, home bargains and farmfood stores built near them. It's reduced the footfall and made Saturday am shopping great.

Asian Dawn

Visit site
Free corsets for the under fives, the compulsory serving of asparagus at breakfast and the abolition of slavery

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My new line manager telling me I need to start attending the weekly team meetings. For the last three years I've listened into them via Teams so I can continue working simultaneously, and I've never been asked a single question or heard a single piece of information that was relevant to the work I was doing. Will just be a waste of half an hour of my time every Wednesday now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My new line manager telling me I need to start attending the weekly team meetings. For the last three years I've listened into them via Teams so I can continue working simultaneously, and I've never been asked a single question or heard a single piece of information that was relevant to the work I was doing. Will just be a waste of half an hour of my time every Wednesday now.
Go for a few weeks and play the game and then go back to listening in

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Go for a few weeks and play the game and then go back to listening in
He sits opposite me in the office so it's not like I can hide. 😂 I tried to explain why it's just a drain of my time and his response was simply that everyone has to go. I guess I should be familiar with this sort of attitude as a frequenter of golf clubs..

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
That’s the thing with jobs and line managers 🤷‍♂️

Did your contract change after Covid to working from home ?