Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My parents got a telly with a 425/625 buttons on it. They didn't do anything.

I remember when you had to have the correct aerial to pick up the 625 signal.

When my parents moved house my Dad made me take it down from the chimney pot. One of the scariest days of my life as the ladder finished 3 foot from the roof and I had to drag myself up the last bit and lower myself down again. The stupid thing was when they got to the new house it already had one.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember my mates at school asking me if I enjoyed the High Chaperral on the tele last night.
I of course lied because our only TV didn't get BBC 2...Just BBC 1 and ITV
The High Chaperral was on BBC 2

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My parent had a TV with a remote from around 1964. That when I was old enough to know which button they told me to press.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Another 5kg since last Thursday. Not keeping any food down now, not even soup.

I know it goes in cycles, generations, but I’m heartily fed up of funerals - another friend died earlier this afternoon. It was expected but the table at the Hunter’s bar in the village is getting a touch empty.

Some people are just stubborn.

32kg @ 6’2”. Rarely awake, rarely eating and even more rarely keeping it down. Bed bathed twice today - not pleasant. Breath rate intermittent and up to 34. Heart rate down from 70 ave to 58.

Just home for a bite to eat then off out for the night shift - no one should die alone… maybe a miracle will occur.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We've had a Sky Q box for a few years, no problems with it. We changed our internet provider in January from sky to virgin, fibre to the premises so faster and more reliable. For the last couple of months the box has started to drop the internet connection. I have to reset, re enter the password. It's a pain, I've had to do it 3 times so far this week.

Looking on the Sky help website it's a common problem and there is no real solution to it once it starts to happen 😡.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

32kg @ 6’2”. Rarely awake, rarely eating and even more rarely keeping it down. Bed bathed twice today - not pleasant. Breath rate intermittent and up to 34. Heart rate down from 70 ave to 58.

Just home for a bite to eat then off out for the night shift - no one should die alone… maybe a miracle will occur.
All credit to you - that’s unbelievably selfless to ensure your friend has dignity and care

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another... had a message last night to say one of my former colleagues had died suddenly. No actual details beyond that. A nicer guy you couldn't meet.

He was mid 30s. Absolutely shocking.

Pay that green fee. Buy the decent "whatever." Time is short.

100% agree with this.
Spend some money, work hard, earn some more money.
Spend some time .......................... it's gone and you can never get more time back.
Spend time wisely, it's more precious than money.

Sorry for your loss.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember my mates at school asking me if I enjoyed the High Chaperral on the tele last night.
I of course lied because our only TV didn't get BBC 2...Just BBC 1 and ITV
The High Chaperral was on BBC 2
Oh this absolutely me…

I so remember the feeling of being left out when my primary school friends talked about The High Chaparral, and our telly didn’t get BBC 2. Then my folks rented a new TV (Radio Rentals?) that picked up BBC 2 (though still..I think…just B&W) and the Victoria (Montoya/Cannon) who I only knew through bubblegum cards became real 😍…and I could hear what is surely one of the great TV theme tunes.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

You truly are a great friend. I'm honestly not sure I could do that...hope for the miracle and, failing that, hope his suffering isn't prolonged.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Oh this absolutely me…

I so remember the feeling of being left out when my primary school friends talked about The High Chaparral, and our telly didn’t get BBC 2. Then my folks rented a new TV (Radio Rentals?) that picked up BBC 2 (though still..I think…just B&W) and the Victoria (Cannon) who I only knew through bubblegum cards became real 😍…and I could hear what is surely one of the great TV theme tunes.
OK, these are not irritations.
But they might become so, if these theme tunes become your earworms for the day.

And the greatest of them all...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Love all them darned themes…

Watching…

The High Chaparral I loved, Blue and Manolito just so cool, and Victoria…😍
Bonanza and The Virginian I watched from time to time but didn’t really connect with the characters.
Rawhide was before my time.😉

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was phoned last night by a good client of mine who I often pop in to see and have a cuppa with.
He sadly lost his wife and doesn't know how he can carry on without her.
He is one of the few remaining D-Day heroes and he's just lost the love of his life and will will really struggle to cope.

They got married in 1950!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was phoned last night by a good client of mine who I often pop in to see and have a cuppa with.
He sadly lost his wife and doesn't know how he can carry on without her.
He is one of the few remaining D-Day heroes and he's just lost the love of his life and will will really struggle to cope.

They got married in 1950!

That's so sad. I do worry the one left follows soon after as the will to carry on diminishes. Hopefully he'll find the strength.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do a lot of motorway miles. These days I set the cruise control at 70 and just sit in lane 1 unless I'm overtaking. Every 10 minutes somebody will slowly overtake me, drop in front then slow down to 69 so I have slowly overtake them.
The irritation would be drivers who can't just set their cruise control to a speed and stick with it. I couldn't care less if it's 60 or 80 - just make your mind up.
Some of us have cars that don't have it. If second hand cars dropped in price to sensible prices I'd get one that has it. Lord the prices!!!!!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1) 10+ hr journey back from North Devon, roads just seem nearly full to capacity
2) Number of foreign lorry's that seem to think the emergency laybys are a place to pull over for a kip, I bet if they do receive a fine it's just binned 🤬