Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So there's huge traffic issues in East Kent and particularly the Roads around Dover with the A20 motorway being once again lumbered with the traffic chaos that is "Operation Brock" only to be made worse when the French change the ID process of crossing the Channel very soon.

So last weekend Mrs d and I did a short cruise, Southampton to Amsterdam and Bruges and back, and at neither of these two lovely E U stops were we required to show our passports when leaving or returning to the ship. Perhaps we should close the Channel crossings and build a new one to land in Belgium, given that the French don't care for us at all!
It’s not just East Kent. J5 M2 coast bound currently closed, this weekend the M2 J2-3 closed London bound, and these are what is planned. Kent has been well screwed by the authorities.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A set of roadworks that absolutely kills my commute home after work were due to end at the beginning of May. Then got extended to finish today.

Just checked, now extended until the end of June. Never seen anyone working there, and it can easily add 25 mins on a Friday when trying to get home, and 15 minutes any other day of the week.

So frustrating

RichA

Visit site
Just seen the new Taskmaster line-up announced and it looks like the worst one ever. ☹️
I've thought that a few times over the years and mostly ended up being surprised. I expected this one to be a bit crap and it had me laughing out loud every episode.
John Robins usually annoys me but he was really good in this last series. They've obviously got rid of the policy of not inviting people who ask to be on because he's been badgering Alex for years.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've thought that a few times over the years and mostly ended up being surprised. I expected this one to be a bit crap and it had me laughing out loud every episode.
John Robins usually annoys me but he was really good in this last series. They've obviously got rid of the policy of not inviting people who ask to be on because he's been badgering Alex for years.
I agree, they're pretty much always good but this might be a bridge too far. Can't stand Rosie Jones to be honest, I don't think she's funny and I find her quite hard work. Babatunde I think is only 'famous' for being Mo Gilligan's mate on Gogglebox. Jack Dee might be alright. Don't know much about the other two.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just seen the new Taskmaster line-up announced and it looks like the worst one ever. ☹️
Just checked it out. It doesn’t look great. Rosie Jones… I know it sounds bad but I struggle to watch anything with her in. Jake Dee and Babatunde are not usually for me either. There is normally one or two of the panel who save a line up - but struggling to fathom who that might be in this one. But I don’t recognise the names of the other two. Hopefully the dynamics between them are better than the line up on paper.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Intrigued as to why you think that? (Genuine question).

Three of the next line-up I know, two I don't. But with Taskmaster, people rarely perform to our preconceived expectations.

Edit: beaten to it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Intrigued as to why you think that? (Genuine question).

Three of the next line-up I know, two I don't. But with Taskmaster, people rarely perform to our preconceived expectations.

Edit: beaten to it.
In addition I do feel like they churn out new series a bit quick now. Two a year or something like that? Must be running out of both contestants and tasks by now.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got back from a week's holiday last night. Cut the grass the day before we left. It is now about 9 inches high. I've never known grass grow the way it has this year. Off to do battle with it now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Maybe they’ve seen you playing on your phone and thought you weren’t busy.🤷‍♂️
Not on phone - up in a separate window on PC and unless they can see through walls hard to tell what screen I have open. Waiting on people to pick up a phone to provide additional information so couldn't go any further at that point. Better luck next time sherlock. Now on a break

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not on phone - up in a separate window on PC and unless they can see through walls hard to tell what screen I have open. Waiting on people to pick up a phone to provide additional information so couldn't go any further at that point. Better luck next time sherlock. Now on a break
The worst is when you put your Teams status to 'Do not disturb'... and yet people will ping you

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry everyone... i have to apologise to everyone incl the young Greta..

.. I have figured out the reason for Global Warming..

Pesky teenagers running the central heating in my house, while the windows and doors are open. We must be heating the planet, esp with that gas bill...

Sorry everyone..

D

Deleted member 29109

The worst is when you put your Teams status to 'Do not disturb'... and yet people will ping you
There is a simple solution to not being disturbed. Turn it off. Phone and Outlook too.

Put a meeting in your calendar so people who can be arsed to look will know, then shut it all down.

PaulMdj

Visit site
3 hours waiting on people to pick up the phone! Wow, no wonder you were on the forum.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just seen it.

Jack Dee will be good. Sadly, it will be ruined by Rosie Jones. I know it makes me a bad person, but her 'joke' delivery is poorly timed and makes things unwatchable for me.

Shame.

I agree. It just doesn't work is it's so delayed and difficult to understand. I don't think it makes us bad people. Or at least less so than those that pretend to think it's funny just to be pc...