Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to see someone in the MSK unit at hospital who is going to refer me to a surgeon to go through my options.
I ask when I'm liable to see the surgeon, he tells me it'll probably be in about three months!!
WHAT!!
Three more months of waiting with one utterly useless knee.

Any knee surgeons on these boards?
And then theres the waiting list for the op after....so probably 18 months to 2 years:)
My eldest daughter was lucky, and able to use her husbands private health care to have her knee looked at (again).
At 34, she needs a new knee (crashing her moped and about 5 or 6 ops later), but no -one will go it as she is too young. There is though light on the horizon as there has supposedly been a breakthrough in the department of cartledge regrowth and replacement. I hope you get lucky.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
And then theres the waiting list for the op after....so probably 18 months to 2 years:)
My eldest daughter was lucky, and able to use her husbands private health care to have her knee looked at (again).
At 34, she needs a new knee (crashing her moped and about 5 or 6 ops later), but no -one will go it as she is too young. There is though light on the horizon as there has supposedly been a breakthrough in the department of cartledge regrowth and replacement. I hope you get lucky.

Hmm, thanks for that!
Am I supposed to give up work and golf for 2 years+ ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hmm, thanks for that!
Nuclear question, don't bite my head off, have you asked whether you could see someone privately and if so, what the price would be? Chances are it would even be the same consultant but you would get seen in days rather than months. At least then you can balance the options.

Oh, and I agree, it's beyond a simple irritation.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Clearing the house of odds & sods prior to moving. Agreed to meet a guy halfway to sell him some tools. He came across mad keen. 30 miles, and waited 45 mins.

Got home and he messaged me to say he was running late and would I come back down there. Er, you know where I am. If you want them, you come to the house.

He now wants to meet up tomorrow night, halfway. “You know where I am.”

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nuclear question, don't bite my head off, have you asked whether you could see someone privately and if so, what the price would be? Chances are it would even be the same consultant but you would get seen in days rather than months. At least then you can balance the options.

I did that when I injured my knee years ago, booked a private consultation and it seemed to go through pretty quickly. It was a loooong time ago though.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hmm, thanks for that!
Sadly the NHS aren't interested in doing things like your knee with any sense of speed. They are so understaffed, there does seem an obvious "can't be asse d" from many, as they know they have a job and it won't be taken from them.

RichA

Visit site
The BGT director that keeps picking the camera at the back of the theatre so you can't actually see what's happening on the stage.
Yes, some of us like BGT. Get over it. 😘

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yeah, about £16,000 and there's a waiting list privately, too.
That's because so many people are turning to private care to avoid the NHS queues!
I know which surgeon I'm being referred to, guess who's getting a call in the morning.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The BGT director that keeps picking the camera at the back of the theatre so you can't actually see what's happening on the stage.
Yes, some of us like BGT. Get over it. 😘
After what I heard on the deals they have to cut to stay in the show, I dont watch it now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The price of hotels. Spending three days in Scotland next month. One day at the Drovers and two overlooking Loch Fyne. Originally looking at Glencoe or Oban. Lordy Lordy. It was cheaper in Mauritius where I met the couple we are seeing in Scotland.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Do you genuinely still have a VHS recorder or is that just terminology?
It’s a figure of speech 😁. joking Aside Ave got carpet fitters in as I talk emptied all the rubbish out of the tv unit. Found a full boxed set of Star Trek movies on VHS. Still in the cellophane never been used. 😁
Had a combined VHS dvd Toshiba player. It packed up and I couldn’t find anyone to repair it ☹️

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reviews where they only look at the highest spec version of the product rather than the base and mid range models as well to see the comparison.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I’ve previously posted up about a friend who’s been in and out of hospital since around Sept last year and has been ill for over a year now. He’s sleeping around 18-20 hours a day now. From being able to demolish big meals he has little interest, or ability, in food. We took him out, briefly yesterday for lunch, a snack really. He got through a quarter of a chicken sandwich…

Today was his weekly weighing day. In the last 2 weeks he’s dropped 15kg, down to 38kg.

Failing rapidly now. Family are coming out to visit… :cry:

Another 5kg since last Thursday. Not keeping any food down now, not even soup.

I know it goes in cycles, generations, but I’m heartily fed up of funerals - another friend died earlier this afternoon. It was expected but the table at the Hunter’s bar in the village is getting a touch empty.