Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife's aunt died yesterday morning, that's not the irritation, that's a blessing.
The irritation is that she was kept alive for two years longer than she should have been.
She had no memeory, couldn't do anything herself, never left her room, didn't recognise her visitors, couldn't remember her previous sentence, she was just a bag of bones being allowed to live on a ridiculous cocktail of medications with absolutely NO quality of life.
She wasn't alive, she was merely in existence.
We're all so pleased that she's now found some form of eternal peace, she was a lovely woman, she deserves her peace.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The clock on my car is wrong by 2 minutes. Big deal...........but it is supposed to work via GPS so how can it be wrong? I'm hoping it will have corrected next time I start up.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
The clock on my car is wrong by 2 minutes. Big deal...........but it is supposed to work via GPS so how can it be wrong? I'm hoping it will have corrected next time I start up.
How do you know it’s the car clock that’s wrong? You must be comparing it to another time piece, how do you that’s correct?

Mandofred

Visit site
My wife's aunt died yesterday morning, that's not the irritation, that's a blessing.
The irritation is that she was kept alive for two years longer than she should have been.
She had no memeory, couldn't do anything herself, never left her room, didn't recognise her visitors, couldn't remember her previous sentence, she was just a bag of bones being allowed to live on a ridiculous cocktail of medications with absolutely NO quality of life.
We're all so pleased that she's now found some form of eternal peace, she was a lovely woman, she deserves her peace.
The rules on assisted dying need to be adjusted. It doesn't help much in this case, but....The religious priority views need to end.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

It’s an awful situation and glad she is at peace now

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Did you feel a ripple in the space time continuum? You may be stuck between parallel universes - a common problem with Skoda’s.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Did you feel a ripple in the space time continuum? You may be stuck between parallel universes - a common problem with Skoda’s.
Our personal devices all linked to such primitive geostationary satellite technology just makes us easier targets for Borg assimilation.
Probably not a bad thing that the motor vehicle's internal chronometer has severed its link.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Consider yourself lucky, for six months of the year the clock in my car is wrong by one hour, plus or minus a couple of minutes. What's the point in putting the time forward or backwards by an hour when in six months time they're going to change it again.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The rules on assisted dying need to be adjusted. It doesn't help much in this case, but....The religious priority views need to end.
I suspect this was not relevant to the assisted dying debate. Rather, it was probably a case of keeping someone alive who would otherwise have died through natural causes. (And I doubt religion has anything to do with it).

My mother was in a similar situation, being kept alive for a year with no quality of life. There were several times in that year when she acquired chest infections that would have killed her, except the doctors pumped her full of antibiotics when the kindest thing would have been to let her go. When the end finally came, it was a relief to the family.