Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'm not a massive fan of SW tbh but if he's on when listening in the car I'll at least leave it on Mills on the other hand will be switched over or off, truly hopeless and annoying.

Nor am I, but I'd say it's a personality issue; although I don't like his gushy way, he is a professional broadcaster, knows the stuff he should do when he's interviewing people. You can't say he's incompetent.

Mills gives the impression he'd be out of his depth in a car park puddle.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really an irritation more an observation.
We’ve been in London for the last two days and I’ve noticed every man, woman, child and dog has an Apple Watch, it’s like a uniform that has to be worn.
Really odd.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really an irritation more an observation.
We’ve been in London for the last two days and I’ve noticed every man, woman, child and dog has an Apple Watch, it’s like a uniform that has to be worn.
Really odd.
My wife and her friend were in London for Wimbledon these last few days. Stacks of tube stations were closed yesterday, something to do with Pride ?‍♂️. Get caught up in that? She was highly irritated in having to walk miles and nearly missing her train because of it.

She doesn't have an apple watch, maybe the stations were open only to those who have one and that's were she went wrong ??

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They’ve only been closing it every weekend for the past 18 months ?
Not strictly true (I traverse to J5 every Saturday and many Sundays;) )
However, it is put out into the public domain and on the local news outlets.
The current motor closure was due to be done weeks ago, but it would have been a total motor closure with both sides done at once. However after much howling and gnashing of teeth by certain parties, it was cancelled that weekend and split into seperate sides and to be done in smaller chunks so slightly more closures.
The biggest ongoing problems are all to do with the new flyover for the 249 at J5, and the associated works for J5. Don't they know I have a golf club to get too?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife and her friend were in London for Wimbledon these last few days. Stacks of tube stations were closed yesterday, something to do with Pride ?‍♂️. Get caught up in that? She was highly irritated in having to walk miles and nearly missing her train because of it.

She doesn't have an apple watch, maybe the stations were open only to those who have one and that's were she went wrong ??

Ha ha, we are at the other side of town so it didn’t really impact us much. Paying £16 for a cocktail in a bar on top of a tower was irritating though ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not strictly true (I traverse to J5 every Saturday and many Sundays;) )
However, it is put out into the public domain and on the local news outlets.
The current motor closure was due to be done weeks ago, but it would have been a total motor closure with both sides done at once. However after much howling and gnashing of teeth by certain parties, it was cancelled that weekend and split into seperate sides and to be done in smaller chunks so slightly more closures.
The biggest ongoing problems are all to do with the new flyover for the 249 at J5, and the associated works for J5. Don't they know I have a golf club to get too?

Never understand that thinking. If you've got to shut it, which would be be the last resort in traffic management terms, then the aim should always be to minimise the duration, even if it does cause maximum buggeration for that period, and get EVERYTHING done whilst it is closed (probably not so relevant on motorways).

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Took the daughter to a local indoor soft play after my round this morning. Some ignorant bell whiff has bumped my car, causing a decent amount of damage to the bumper and wheel arch and driven off. No note left. The soft play is going to check their CCTV, but it boils my urine how people think this is ok. No way they could not have noticed either.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Took the daughter to a local indoor soft play after my round this morning. Some ignorant bell whiff has bumped my car, causing a decent amount of damage to the bumper and wheel arch and driven off. No note left. The soft play is going to check their CCTV, but it boils my urine how people think this is ok. No way they could not have noticed either.

Infuriating, and expensive.

It’s happened more than once to me, including at the golf club. On one occasion some cretin walked between my car and the one next to it with his carry bag slung over his shoulder, and whacked my passenger door leaving a dent. It was captured in glorious technicolour on CCTV and even then he tried to deny it. I gave him two options - pay up or I’d report a clear case of criminal (reckless) damage to the police. He paid for the repair.

People often ask why I now park in an end bay and partially straddle the line. Because of thoughtless idiots like the one above, that’s why.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Infuriating, and expensive.

It’s happened more than once to me, including at the golf club. On one occasion some cretin walked between my car and the one next to it with his carry bag slung over his shoulder, and whacked my passenger door leaving a dent. It was captured in glorious technicolour on CCTV and even then he tried to deny it. I gave him two options - pay up or I’d report a clear case of criminal (reckless) damage to the police. He paid for the repair.

People often ask why I now park in an end bay and partially straddle the line. Because of thoughtless idiots like the one above, that’s why.

i always do the same - seek the end bay and park on the edge line