Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
OFCOM carrying out a review of whether to allow more frequent, longer ad breaks. Don’t they realise people always fast forward through the breaks or is there a large majority of unheard people saying ‘I wish there were more adverts on telly’?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to Wembley last night to see Ed Sheeran. Me and Mrs d with our son and daughter in law, with 2 of our grandchildren. Getting out was the usual queuing along Wembley Way for the tube back to St Pancras and we made the last train home from there with 5 minutes to spare!

This is London !! Surely it doesn't all close at 12.10 at night had we not got on the tube that we did, or been held one more stop getting into the tube station we would have been stranded for the night ??

Do other capital cities close at midnight ??

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to Wembley last night to see Ed Sheeran. Me and Mrs d with our son and daughter in law, with 2 of our grandchildren. Getting out was the usual queuing along Wembley Way for the tube back to St Pancras and we made the last train home from there with 5 minutes to spare!

This is London !! Surely it doesn't all close at 12.10 at night had we not got on the tube that we did. Or been held one more stop getting into the tube station we wouhave been stranded for the night ??

Consider yourself lucky on that. We have the bright lights of Nottingham a short train journey away but the last train back if about 9.30 at night meaning if I want to go to a gig at Rock City, someone has to drive or it needs an overnight stay. I also think that the last train back to Grantham Station from London is 10.00

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

This is London !! Surely it doesn't all close at 12.10 at night had we not got on the tube that we did. Or been held one more stop getting into the tube station we wouhave been stranded for the night ??

In fairness Chris, you can't really expect train drivers to work unsocial hours on the pittance they earn.:whistle:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

This is London !! Surely it doesn't all close at 12.10 at night had we not got on the tube that we did, or been held one more stop getting into the tube station we would have been stranded for the night ??

Hopefully i don't have any issues getting home from the Spuds stadium after Guns N Roses tonight

D

Deleted member 3432

The wife reversing over my foot this morning.
Another few inches and it would have been a broken ankle or worse...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Without detracting from your irritation... (& you did ask) Try, no public transport after dark :oops:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Impossible!

Fraid so, bus and rail services finish at 7pm daily. You can private hire a taxi or van/minibus but that's about it. City & towns are def not open 24 hour
About the only thing that was 24hr was McD's at the weekend but I think that shuts at 10pm now :p