Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, of course. It was obviously her fault. Fortunately one of the freezers hadn't been opened so that one was OK. Have spent the afternoon cooking everything I could from the other freezer so that I can put it back in now its cold again.

Following on from this, my random irritation today is my kids.

Kids - "We don't like lasagne because it's got onions in it".

Also my kids, while eating burgers or hotdogs - "Did you cook onions to go on them"?

Can't find their sodding school shoes in the morning but can find the smallest piece of onion known to man mixed in with lasagne.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Paying a bill in a restaurant and they remind you about a tip. press 1 for a tip, 2 not to tip.

I am capable of deciding whether I want to tip or otherwise.

Additionally prices in restaurants have increased post COVID and portions reduced.

Some places think their food is better than it actually is.

I will let The Forum decided how much was given!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wimbledon nearly causing me to miss recording the Sewing Bee final by bumping it to BBC 2 but also not showing the change in the planner.

For once my watching the channels in number order, but recording on the HD channel, worked out for me! They know the Wimbledon schedule and Andy's match was always likely to run late so change the listings early.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Food delivery drivers who don’t seem to give a toss about road laws or other road users

YES!!

There are quite a few footpaths, one way streets that the moped muppets think is for them! I was running a week ago and almost got wiped out by one coming out of a footpath (which is probably a 2 mile shortcut by road!)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Paying a bill in a restaurant and they remind you about a tip. press 1 for a tip, 2 not to tip.

I am capable of deciding whether I want to tip or otherwise.

Additionally prices in restaurants have increased post COVID and portions reduced.

Some places think their food is better than it actually is.

I will let The Forum decided how much was given!

I press 2, then leave a cash tip if I feel the service warrants it. I’m not convinced adding a tip to the credit card payment ends up in the ‘tips jar.’

I’ll add automatic service charges to the irritation. I decide if it warrants a tip, and resent an automatic charge. I always ask for it to be removed from the bill, and then leave cash if it warrants a tip.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Teed off at 4.00. In by 7.15, missed rain by 10 minutes. 15 minutes up the road was a monsoon

Blimey, you're only a hop from Newport GC, you'd be better off playing that than yomping round the Monty!
Got it on a free as a mate's daughter works for Wales Golf....(y):cool: