Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When you book golf via BRS it allows you to have a number of friends who you would normally play with in a dedicated section at the top of the booking/membership list. Think speed dial, save scrolling through the list each time.

This section could have a range of names but BRS calls the people 'buddys' ??. We are not American, I don't have buddy's. It irritates me every time.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had to help Mrs Colch get her spare gazebo out of the garage ready for her to go to work today. It was tucked right at the back next to the freezers. Went to the freezer this afternoon to get some ice and it wasn't frozen. Somehow while getting the gazebo out I'd managed to hit the socket and turn off the power to both freezers.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Having to drive back home tomorrow morning and change cars, my car is literally getting destroyed with seagull mess

Last edited by a moderator:

RichA

Visit site
I player is such a pfaff - Log in - get your code, input your code via a phone or computer hunt around for ages to find the programme you actually want to watch. Crappy fast forward/rewind.

Recording check recordings press play on the one you want. Fall asleep watching it pick up remote say go to and pick up where you were or want to go to bed just press continue when you want to watch the rest.
Recently replaced our 5 year old Amazon Firestick with a new one. Suddenly iPlayer, Netflix and Disney+ are pretty much instant. I'm glad I only had to replace a £30 stick rather than a £600 smart TV.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had to help Mrs Colch get her spare gazebo out of the garage ready for her to go to work today. It was tucked right at the back next to the freezers. Went to the freezer this afternoon to get some ice and it wasn't frozen. Somehow while getting the gazebo out I'd managed to hit the socket and turn off the power to both freezers.
Have you told her ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently replaced our 5 year old Amazon Firestick with a new one. Suddenly iPlayer, Netflix and Disney+ are pretty much instant. I'm glad I only had to replace a £30 stick rather than a £600 smart TV.

I do not have that worry at the moment four and half years still to go on the TV warranty.
I do not have subscriptions to anything other than Sky and Paramount + the latter being free with Sky.

One of the things I have noticed about iPlayer is that not all programmes go on it and sometimes you have to wait a day or more for some to appear.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yes, of course. It was obviously her fault. Fortunately one of the freezers hadn't been opened so that one was OK. Have spent the afternoon cooking everything I could from the other freezer so that I can put it back in now its cold again.
?????

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
When you book golf via BRS it allows you to have a number of friends who you would normally play with in a dedicated section at the top of the booking/membership list. Think speed dial, save scrolling through the list each time.

This section could have a range of names but BRS calls the people 'buddys' ??. We are not American, I don't have buddy's. It irritates me every time.

Hey chill out buddy ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Lorry drivers who decide to overtake other lorries who are going a tiny bit slower and take an eternity to get past them. What's the point.how much time are you going to gain
There's no problem - if you are patient!
My understanding is that almost all lorries are governed, so overtaking isn't a quick process for them.
And, of course, if you overtake both, the road ahead will almost certainly be pretty empty for a long way ahead, so a nice relaxing period of quicker driving - within the legal limit of course!:rolleyes:
It would, however, be better if the limiter could be over-ridden for a short period to allow overtaking of marginally slower lorries without exceeding the speed limit or holding up other traffic excessively. But that's a sophistication few units are likely to have/want.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's no problem - if you are patient!
My understanding is that almost all lorries are governed, so overtaking isn't a quick process for them.
And, of course, if you overtake both, the road ahead will almost certainly be pretty empty for a long way ahead, so a nice relaxing period of quicker driving - within the legal limit of course!:rolleyes:
It would, however, be better if the limiter could be over-ridden for a short period to allow overtaking of marginally slower lorries without exceeding the speed limit or holding up other traffic excessively. But that's a sophistication few units are likely to have/want.
It is a problem, particularly if you live in an area where motorways or dual carriageways are not standard. Even more so when you get short passing stretches that become useless due to one of these manoeuvres.