Random Irritations

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Spent a “ adventure “ weekend away with grandson. I use the term adventure very loosely. Spent most of the weekend hanging around waiting for him
Whilst he stood in a line waiting for his adventure. Bored flipping witless. On a positive he can now make a tent peg outta a 4mm stick and light a piece of cotton wool after the 100th attempt with a flint tool.
Oh ah if anyone is thinking of going into the knive and fork business to make money, don’t bother. Ave seen hundreds of kids this weekend that don’t know how to hold or use them correctly. They will be gong outta fashion soon. Unless someone comes Out with an app making them Look cool Again.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The US and their disgusting anti abortion groups that have allowed the removal of constitutional right to an abortion

I am no expert in the subject and I think America went backwards… there is no such thing as banning abortion. All they do is ban safe abortions

but don’t we have the same scenario in Ireland. I recollect a story about a lady who died due to or lack of abortion. There were a few candle marches against it. Has the situation changed

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
New Highway Code… when changes make things more dangerous…. Saw this warning on a website..

Recent changes to the Highway Code require drivers turning off a main road to give way to Pedestrians who are waiting to cross a minor road rather than actually in the process of crossing. The Approach from the West is potentially dangerous as a result - both from colliding with a pedestrian or having a vehicle stop suddenly and close in front of a following vehicle. Visiting drivers are requested to exercise extra care following this change.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Read about a young couple who had an argument at the beach (apparently she looked at his phone)

I get everyone can have different privacy boundaries but when you're in a grown up relationship its kinda stupid to argue about this kind of stuff, especially in public

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Read about a young couple who had an argument at the beach (apparently she looked at his phone)

I get everyone can have different privacy boundaries but when you're in a grown up relationship its kinda stupid to argue about this kind of stuff, especially in public
Anyone arguing about that has something to hide!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The way that every sporting event now seems to have to have a trophy at the end. This was triggered by seeing pictures of a trophy presentation after the test match. This was an early summer 3 match series not the some concocted trophy worthy event. Rugby has got really bad for it, there were certain matches with hostoric trophies but now every nation that England plays seems to have a unique trophy to be awarded. Even pre seasons have denegrated into trophy laden tournaments in football. Not everything needs to be played for a piece of silverware.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The Dartford River Crossing. Got in on Sunday to find I'd been charged for a crossing I hadn't made, and subsequently realised that I hadn't taken the old car off (it's a PAYG account from when we used to use it more regularly, last time was 3 years ago). Rang them up to explain the issue & asked for my £2.50 back and was unfortunate enough to speak to the least helpful & sympathetic customer services agent you could find. Apparently they will not refund it as according to their T's & C's I'm liable for the charges, but here's the irritation; if the new owner pays for the crossing, as I've already paid it, they will refund them but not me; if the new owner doesn't claim the refund or doesn't realise then it sits as a credit against the vehicle for 12 months; and after 12 months if that vehicle hasn't been through the crossing again they get paid twice. :mad::mad:

I decided at this point to cancel the account, and the confirmation email reminded me that as I had closed it I wouldn't get any discount on future crossings; irritation no. 2 as I had been charged the full price and not the discounted price according to their website.

Those of you who might have an account that you rarely use may wish to check the details...

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Driving around the car park to find some spaces.

1) Idiots who park on bay markings thus making it difficult to use the adjacent bays. And some of these were flashy cars. More money than sense.
2) Drove past a space where some idiot had done it and the adjacent one would not fit my small car. Then to my surprise, the station wagon in front of me decided he could somehow fold himself into the space. So he went in!! kissed the car on the left because he was too embarrassed to pull out with everyone watching. Then somehow he go in; only to realise that he could not open his door because the car to his right was half way into his space. More money than sense.

D

Deleted member 3432

Car covered in seagull mess every attendance at work at the moment. Bloody things are nesting on every building roof on site and to make matters worse you have to consider it to be radioactive segull mess due to the fact they like to float about on the old uncovered ponds.

Going outside is a case of put your hat on and hope not to get splattered yourself otherwise its a get checked over job in case you are contaminated....

Car about to get pressure washer treatment yet again to save paintwork :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Car covered in seagull mess every attendance at work at the moment. Bloody things are nesting on every building roof on site and to make matters worse you have to consider it to be radioactive seagull mess due to the fact they like to float about on the old uncovered ponds.

Going outside is a case of put your hat on and hope not to get splattered yourself otherwise its a get checked over job in case you are contaminated....

Car about to get pressure washer treatment yet again to save paintwork :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've literally had to go to the garage today to do this, they are absolutely horrendous at the moment.
I also hate cleaning my car at the garage, I'm half planning to go home on Wednesday and change cars so the paint work doesn't get destroyed on my own.